• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I may have fake Oakley's...

john9721

Oakley Beginner
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot! Received a new pair of Fuel Cells in the mail today. Got them from 6PM, which I've had good luck with in the past. This pair has me concerned. No authenticity card, but warranty card is there. There was also no MADE IN USA stamped on the arm, which I thought all of them had (At least the 3 pairs of fuel cells I've owned have). Also, they are polarized, and had a 'P" sticker on the lens, which I understand is a big red flag. Box looks pretty legit, as does the soft pouch. What am I working with here? Thanks!

Pictures would help but it does not sound fake to me. Polarized lenses Come with a P sticker on them. Use to be blue and now is red. The USA is not a concern as they have been made in China along with majority of the rest of the products.

I'll leave this to the pros but a lot of the new ones are not stamped USA anymore and I'm told that's because luxotica owns them now and has started making them in China. Talking to the maanger at the local sunglass hut she told me this and she said of they aren't stamped USA they are most likely a China. I have seen several pairs marked China that are legit Oakley's too. My rule is they have to say USA or I don't buy them.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot! Received a new pair of Fuel Cells in the mail today. Got them from 6PM, which I've had good luck with in the past. This pair has me concerned. No authenticity card, but warranty card is there. There was also no MADE IN USA stamped on the arm, which I thought all of them had (At least the 3 pairs of fuel cells I've owned have). Also, they are polarized, and had a 'P" sticker on the lens, which I understand is a big red flag. Box looks pretty legit, as does the soft pouch. What am I working with here? Thanks!
Even without seeing the photos I'm gonna go with they are not fake.

6pm is a legit site to buy from.

P sticker? Not an issue
No made in USA? Not an issue anymore.

Photos would be better but I'm betting they're real

An authenticity card? Maybe I've been missing something. I don't think I've seen nor heard of that. Maybe I've seen one but trashed it in my excitement of getting new Oakley in the mail.

And ... There's no such thing as an authenticity card ... Just a warranty card ...

Back