• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Need EBay Help

• Thread starter Jason M Hensley
  • Start date
J

Jason M Hensley

Hey guys, I have a question for you expert eBay sellers/buyers:

I sold that Hollow Point watch on eBay a few days ago, and after talking with the buyer I found we may have a problem. The photo's I used for the listing contrasted a bit. The first picture was the HP picture Oakley gives, where the sub dials have white hands and are slightly different, the next two pictures were of my actual watch, and they have the red hands on the sub dials.

The buyer didn't catch this until after I shipped the watch, and is saying he wants a refund once he gets the watch. My listing said no refunds. He said eBay is telling him to open a case against me to get his money back if I can't refund him.

So, my question is. Should I refund him his money or should I fight it through eBay? I hear eBay almost always sides with the buyer, and i'll lose about $100 if that happens with me. Your input is greatly appreciated guys.

Ultimately eBay will side with the buyer, pretty much 100% of the time. At this point I'd focus on making sure you get the watch back or you're going to be out a lot more than $100.

See if you can come to an agreement with the buyer on a slight discount. If you're going to be out $100 you might as well give him that and not have to deal with the hassle.

Is he saying it's counterfeit?

Ouch. I'm not too well versed on the policies of Ebay but everything I have heard so far is Ebay will side with the buyer.

I'm thinking since your photos were not all of the exact watch you may have a problem there and Ebay will side with the buyer quickly. Even though your listing states no refunds it may be better to have him ship the watch back to you for a refund.

I don't get why the buyer said refund him when he receives the watch. I think he should NOT open the box and immediately ship it back to you and you can refund him when you get it back.

Then again I'm hoping the Ebay gurus will chime in for help.

I'm no guru but they will side with him if he opens a case and will hold your money until he ships it back to you... Sounds like a sticky situation if he's going to open a case maybe you should open one before he does just to cover yourself and make damn sure not to refund before you get the watch

If possible depending on the carrier you used stop the delivery first and have it sent back. If that doesnt work like mentioned before have him return it w/o opening the box. Then you can go into ebay and reverse the transaction. You refund him the payment, ebay reverses the selling fees and all you will be out is the shipping charges.

If possible depending on the carrier you used stop the delivery first and have it sent back. If that doesnt work like mentioned before have him return it w/o opening the box. Then you can go into ebay and reverse the transaction. You refund him the payment, ebay reverses the selling fees and all you will be out is the shipping charges.
Yeah what the "GURU" said

^ Best option, if you used UPS you can re-route the package if it has not arrived yet. Otherwise get him to return it or refuse it and have it returned.

i have had things happen on ebay,
it is your best interest to just refund. i know it sucks,but i promise you ebay will find in his favor no matter what,but if you go the distance with the not as described case if they find in his favor,and refund him out of your account.you can appeal it and poss get the money you refunded him and get to keep the watch pm me if you need more info on this situation. i can explain better

I have been selling on fleabay for over 14 years. Unfortunately ebay will side with the stupidest buyer on ebay. Cellphones and sunglasses imho are the worst to sell and watches are near the top of the list. Tell buyer to immediately return watch in same condition he received it and you will refund his money. Its so bad I don't even put "no refunds" because even the novice buyer knows ebay/pay pal sides with the stupid regardless of pictures and descriptions. To top it off you listed one pic which was not a accurate representation of the watch. You can ask him if he could live with that watch if you give him a discount if not eat the shipping costs both ways and consider it a learning experience. Wish I had better news. Sorry

Latest Posts

Back