• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Need RX Reading Glasses, Help Me Choose....

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Well its offical, I finally need reading glasses... Not to thrilled about it, but at least I have options! I figured since I don't have to wear them all the time, I won't need to have them tinted or anything special done to them. I went for the eye exam, and the Doctor told me its looks like I am just getting old...LOL I was releaved that was it!!!! I figured I might as well look for something nice as I got good insurance. I checked out some optical shops that carry Oakley RX and found a few pairs that I like. I have narrowed it down to 2 pair. I figured since the RX lenses are not that much, I might as well get 2 pair to have just in case.....Here is what I narrowed it down too....... The tumbleweed is cool as the icons and earsocks can be quickley turned around to change the outside color and you can buy differnt ones in case you get bored with them....

Tumbelweed 0.5

Carbon Plate

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the Transistors but you couldn't go wrong with either of those. Did you try them on? I usually find what fits right and then choose from them, sometimes the style I like doesn't feel that great.

I went with the Transistors but you couldn't go wrong with either of those. Did you try them on? I usually find what fits right and then choose from them, sometimes the style I like doesn't feel that great.

Yes I tried them both on. Both shops I went too didn't have the full frame tumbleweed. I have to go back tomorrow and ask them if I can get them...

So, do you have an actual prescription or do you just need readers like +1.00 and so on? If its the latter, some of the Vaults carry readers for $49.

Back