• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying I need some guidance. Romeo x metal

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
I am not expert but even the serial looks weird, from what I could see. Though I think there seems to be so many different stamps. Mine, all of them, have a precise, small, all numerals are perfect and the same, stamp.

I agree. I was seriously considering em as I have a buddy in NY and I want a pair of Jordan’s for my collection but price with no box seemed high and they seemed suspicious

Some people reacted to this post.
Yea he said he would take 150 and wanted me to drive from where I am in nj to the address he gave in Rochester which is a 5 hour trip. I said I couldn’t but I’d do some research before I agreed to paypal him. Usually a good deal is too good to be true.

And if he says he can only do "friends and family" paypal because it's a "work account"... run away... At least with Goods/Services, you have some possibility to get your money back.

Wow. Big crew on this thread. I pinged him and asked if he would ship. no response. i know CL is all about F2F, but it does all feel very fishy.

I've recently picked up a couple pair off CL. I'd rather do F2F but so far it's worked out. I also sometimes ask them to send me a picture with the glasses and ________ in the picture. It could be a $1, or a fork, or something that everyone has. Just to be sure they have the actual item and didn't just steal the images. Not that I think they'd steal these blurry pictures, but still.

Message the guy and ask for some clearer pictures

Username Hidden said:
And if he says he can only do "friends and family" paypal because it's a "work account"... run away... At least with Goods/Services, you have some possibility to get your money back.

Just pay the 3% on cases like that. Even if you have to add it to the price. If you don’t get em and they refund you, you get it back with the refund

When something is too good to be true, it is 99% of the time. You don't sell R1 Jordan's for 200 bucks. Not in this day and age when anyone wanting to sell anything can find an pprocimstr value in under 5 minutes of googling pretty much any product. Just my 2c

Username Hidden said:
When something is too good to be true, it is 99% of the time. You don't sell R1 Jordan's for 200 bucks. Not in this day and age when anyone wanting to sell anything can find an pprocimstr value in under 5 minutes of googling pretty much any product. Just my 2c

Well then I’ve been lucky to land that 1% many many times. $20 Carbon Juliet for instance. Some people don’t know how or care to look. Others are just plain lazy

Username Hidden said:
Well then I’ve been lucky to land that 1% many many times. $20 Carbon Juliet for instance. Some people don’t know how or care to look. Others are just plain lazy
Agreed 100% my entire collection including copper penny and r1s have been picked up for under $100 because that's all I can afford. Some people just don't know or don't care about what they are selling. I have a check list that I use when I buy something that I have suspicion about.
1 - PayPal goods and services only no exceptions
2 - photo of an identifier with the item like name and date
3 - ID
4 - i run a background check to identify them if I am not satisfied with any of the above.

Never stop looking for bargains mate!