• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying

karimo

I am Jim Jannard...
Chile
I'm getting together with a seller tomorrow to buy a nice pair of Penny Ice, but I do not know how to recognize a knock off, the only thing I can think about is the weight, so please someone tell me how much does an authentic pair of Oakley Penny Titanium Ice should weight.
please also take a look at the pics:
8012893171.jpg
8002090024.jpg
8076520067.jpg
8053229938.jpg
la foto.JPG
Serial Number PI 000249

those look good, and i actually have PI000248 !!! seems like something happened to the top part of the frame on the last pic as there shouldnt be too big of a gap there. inspect it for cracks as where the screws hole is for that hinge is a known weakpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
those look good, and i actually have PI000248 !!! seems like something happened to the top part of the frame on the last pic as there shouldnt be too big of a gap there. inspect it for cracks as where the screws hike is for that hinge is a known weakpoint.
Hi, thanks for yous answer... can you please upload a picture of yours to compare to the picture above and see how it should look.

The pics looks legit, and serial is correct for that colorway. Nice low serial too. The only thing is, like dragonvoi said, check that hing out.

$145 is a deal, provided that the orbital isn't stretched at the hinge, make sure there a no signs of stress fractures. Hopefully you can knock the price down to factor in new lenses and possibly a nosebridge work by the X-Man

If you see any sort of cracking or a hairline fracture in the area mentioned I suggest walking away. I personally would ensure you test the T6 screws to ensure they move freely especially on the one side.

If you see any sort of cracking or a hairline fracture in the area mentioned I suggest walking away. I personally would ensure you test the T6 screws to ensure they move freely especially on the one side.
Where are the T6 screws? Any pics please.

Back