• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Remember When I Was 16...

Tunney Prime

Oakley Expert
Brownsville, TX
I remember seeing the Time Bomb on the oakley website in 1998 and thinking it was just about the coolest watch I'd ever seen. Alas, not many 16 year olds had $1500.00 laying around...

fast forward to an hour ago, and I now have my personal holy grail. Despite it looking a little goofy on my slim wrist, I'm pretty freakin excited today. Got a great deal on the bay. some minor signs of wear, but still holds a charge and has brand-new unobtanium pads, replaced last august (came with service slip). Serial # 001875F.

Can someone confirm how many links the band should have total? this one came with 8 segments on each side. The auction didn't say anything about missing links, but i only had to have 1 removed from each side for it to fit snugly, which was fewer than i was expecting.

thanks!
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

I guess you know it is kinetic right? You will have to wear it for a while to get it to keep good time. I never wear mine anymore,when you know u r gonna wear it put it on hours earlier to get it going.

I looked at some other pictures of time bombs in new condition and it turns out this one is missing 4 links. I contacted the seller to refund me $25.00 (quite reasonable since links have been going for $20/each on ebay) and he said

"All the PRE-OWNED items we list are auctioned exactly as received .Some are with or without boxes/cases/bags/manuals/books/ paperwork.....We do not take links out or add links to any of the items or alter the condition of the items.As a PRE-OWNED item the previous owner might have taken the link or links out.That is why they are PRE-OWNED. All the items are sold with full detailed pictures.Thank you"

There was no mention of links having been removed in the auction, but there was a picture of the watch, which had 9 segments on the left side and 8 on the right. The one I received (same serial as the pics) had 8 segments on each side (new ones have 10 each side). Dunno if it's worth pursuing. opinions?

If you got a great deal on it then why pursue it? The auction never mentioned extra links or anything so I don't think the seller is at fault. Obviously a used watch would have been sized to the previous owner right?

That's what I was thinking after reading his last message. I guess it depends on whether you consider the links that weren't included as extra, or as part of the original product, like the box, which he mentioned the auction did include. Since everything else in the description was detailed, I just wish he would have mentioned the links. Still a good price.

Good thing i have skinny wrists. :)

Back