• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I should clean more often.

Ya. The more I look at them and other Oakley lenses I have-not authentic. Still they are a nice pair of scratch free thick lenses so I won't complain from here on out. A buddy that I haven't talked to in a while has a pair of well worn Polished/Fire Julies he says he hasn't worn in years, they're in a drawer somewhere. We are having a beer soon and will negotiate a price that is going to be low. May have to put these in them. Thanks for the input that's why I came here, being the XMetal noob I am.
Hurray! Hammer stems rock man!!! Post pics when you get them! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hurray! Hammer stems rock man!!! Post pics when you get them! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
The Hammerstems are the whole reason I'm after them. Can't promise they will stay polished though. Saw a post earlier today with a Copperized pair of Juliet's that has piqued my interest.

The Hammerstems are the whole reason I'm after them. Can't promise they will stay polished though. Saw a post earlier today with a Copperized pair of Juliet's that has piqued my interest.
Like these?
IMG_20150330_200727.jpg
They are a bit dark because I think they oxidized a bit before they got their final clear coat. But yeah, I really like them!

Some day, as funds allow, I may have them redone. They are sort of unique. BUT, I may just snag another hammer stem to have plated, you never know ;)

Before they darkened with their new clear coat they looked like this:
IMG_20150318_163908.jpg
That's what I would aim for. Who did them? I would consider sending mine to my cousin who owns a huge racing wheel company and have them done, but that's not their thing. Even though they can do any kind of plating I can imagine. Yes I did think about 24k'ing them.

That's what I would aim for. Who did them? I would consider sending mine to my cousin who owns a huge racing wheel company and have them done, but that's not their thing. Even though they can do any kind of plating I can imagine. Yes I did think about 24k'ing them.
Will send you a PM

Digging through a junk drawer came across these in a bag. I've only had one pair of XMetals before my recent purchases. It was a pair of Juliet's in what I'd call rough plasma. I bought a set of VisionLenses in fire to preserve the OEMs, problem is I can't remember what the original lenses were. How can I tell if these Emeralds are Oakley's? Don't know serial #.

View attachment 188936

The top right set of nose pads look like Large for an X Metal XX.

The top right set of nose pads look like Large for an X Metal XX.
Fantastic eye. Those ate XX nosebombs. I dumped the rubbers into my X Parts box then thought I would post about my find. Didn't pull them out of pic. D'oh moment came when I had just recently received an order of XX rubbers courtesy of @jdd32 for the sole purpose of replacing my nosebombs. I already had a pair ;(
Really and truly you can't have enough rubbers.

Back