• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I should clean more often.

Slojack

The Cake is a Lie
Premium Member
Orlando
Digging through a junk drawer came across these in a bag. I've only had one pair of XMetals before my recent purchases. It was a pair of Juliet's in what I'd call rough plasma. I bought a set of VisionLenses in fire to preserve the OEMs, problem is I can't remember what the original lenses were. How can I tell if these Emeralds are Oakley's? Don't know serial #.

20151010_120713.jpg

Well the rubber looks right for OEM. The lenses look like Emerald and they appear to be consistent with the OEM color. Often aftermarket lenses are thinner than OEM lenses. Do you have any OEM lenses to compare these to?

20151010_124923.jpg
Rubbers are def OEM, Except one set of nosebombs. Emerald next to an OEM Ice Blue. Same thickness but not same edge grind.

Which is which man, I take it the Ice is in top? Maybe one of our lens cutters could weigh in? But I agree, the one on the bottom definitely has a rougher edge.

Why's the first letters on your Juliets serial number? You can also look on O-Review to find serial information under information, serial list

You are correct. Top is OEM.

Why's the first letters on your Juliets serial number? You can also look on O-Review to find serial information under information, serial list
I lost the Juliet's about 5 years ago so don't have serial.

bottom is aftermarket. oem lenses taper in thickness where the center is thicker than the edges as per the mounting instructions insert in all replacement lenses.

Yeah, I agree with the guys above, those are not OEM man... That edge looks really rough compared to OEM, but I'm sure you probably figured that out when you put them next to each other

Ya. The more I look at them and other Oakley lenses I have-not authentic. Still they are a nice pair of scratch free thick lenses so I won't complain from here on out. A buddy that I haven't talked to in a while has a pair of well worn Polished/Fire Julies he says he hasn't worn in years, they're in a drawer somewhere. We are having a beer soon and will negotiate a price that is going to be low. May have to put these in them. Thanks for the input that's why I came here, being the XMetal noob I am.

Back