• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Think I Am Done Collecting.....

well congrats on the achievement.

I recently bought a few artist series (hijinx all) that i wanted to have ever since i seen them. But for now i think i would like to have a few more pairs for daily use. My plan is to at some point reach 20 and stay around that, but im in no big hurry or anything, ill get there when i get there.
i have 25. :)

I will post some new pics this weekend, since I promised also i would post pics of my "mancave" as well. Since they are all in the same room.

I cycle as well, well MTB not a roadie. That hobby alone can make you go poor quick!!!!
MTB gear/parts is serious stuff. what do you ride?

mountain biking is very expensive, glad im not into it lol.

MTB gear/parts is serious stuff. what do you ride?

mountain biking is very expensive, glad im not into it lol.

I'll tell you this much, moutain biking is expensive, but road biking is even moreso (trying to keep the bike as light as possible).

This year I spent $1700.00 all total on one set of wheels:

https://hedcycling.com/jet/default.asp?content=5_Express

Three years ago it was a mountain bike wheel upgrade, these are just the hubs, no rims or spokes so consider the rest of the cost:

Chris King Classic Front MTB Hub - Wheelbuilder.com

Chris King Classic Rear MTB Hub - Wheelbuilder.com

As I always say, to each his own, whether it be bikes, Oakleys, music, I've collected them all at one time or another. But I'll tell you this, I'd much rather spend it on that stuff than gas and oil changes!

It happens to everyone from time to time. I've been collecting since the 90s and at one point around 2000, I sold everything I had except one pair due to unforeseen circumstances. I got back into it a few years back and have been going strong. I have a part of me that wants to get to 100, I'm only a few away from that, but another part of me simply wants to cut it down to where you're at...around 50.

Since my latest acquisition of the Eyeshade, I now have a humble desire to get the complete set of Collector Eyeshades from 2010. I think it would be a great feat if I were able to do it!

Back