• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I think I'm in love!

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
eBay item 320986047832
OK, maybe not love but I'd really like to have a pair.
I just got a pair of Pennys back from tune-up and I can't think of anything more fun to do with them than make a pair like these.
And I happen to have a set of IH Fuel Cells about.
Can I have Penny lenses cut from Fuell Cells?
If not, what IH could serve as a donor for Penny lenses and could they be cut in order to preserve the cross etching?

I agree. Saw that one a little while ago. I think if it had the IH etching on the lens, I would have clicked the button.

I'll stay out of the fray and limit the collateral damage if someone would tell me what donor lense to use!
Would Dr Chop be the obvious choice? Just axe him to create a set?
Would the frames be needed or are they all uniform enough to have a pair ground and have a good fit?
Lastly, does he etch too?
Thanks in advance for the tutorial!

I have had him cut lenses for me before and he wanted the frame to make sure of fit. His custom cuts fit and look great though and I'm sure he will have your answers as to what lens to use. I'd say he's your guy. I do not know if he does etching or not though.

I am not going to bid but thanks for posting. I did not see that auction and they look awesome.

There are several threads that deal with etching of lenses. I believe there are two guys on here that can do them. Xmetalmaniac can tell you who exactly. Dr Chop would be the one for the lenses. If you look up his site just google Dr chop Oakley and you will find it. There are several pics of polished Frames (penny, juliet) that have the purple and jade lens combos that look just plain awesome. Who wouldnt want a pair like that. Take a look and report back your thoughts please. After seeing the Jade lenses for Juliet (which I am sure they can be cut for a penny) i am going to have to pull the trigger for one myself.

Tempted to hit the EASY button though!

That's the button I was referring to. I like your description of it.

Dr. Chop cut some IH lenses for a Romeo 1 that had the etching still on it. Looked good. Someone sold them on here.

I think the titanium frame would look best from the Penny. Out of the stock finishes anyway. Copper might look cool too.

Back