• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I thought I’d had them all

Good get @Oakley G.
I was going to say it was fake, based on the O logo that's "suspended".
Man, I think the term "fake" is pretty harsh! I think it looks pretty dang cool! Yeah, its not an actual display case that was issued by Oakley or whatever (but it sounds like it was sanctioned by them?) But its still a really cool custom!! To me thats almost like saying some of the customized frames here are fake - like those sweet rusted PB1's and case that Lupetto just sold - those aint fakes! Yes, I get that the frames are still Oakley but the work done to them wasnt.

Anyway, I propose we use the term "custom" here instead of fake! :D
(plus I might try and make something like this and I dont want the stigma of 'fake' ringing in my ears when I look at it! hahaha)

Man, I think the term "fake" is pretty harsh! I think it looks pretty dang cool! Yeah, its not an actual display case that was issued by Oakley or whatever (but it sounds like it was sanctioned by them?) But its still a really cool custom!! To me thats almost like saying some of the customized frames here are fake - like those sweet rusted PB1's and case that Lupetto just sold - those aint fakes! Yes, I get that the frames are still Oakley but the work done to them wasnt.

(plus I might try and make something like this and I dont want the stigma of 'fake' ringing in my ears when I look at it! hahaha)
Fair call. I stand corrected. My apologies. “Fake” is too harsh.

I guess it could even be called a “prototype”, but I’d usually reserve that term for items manufactured inhouse that didn’t make it to production.

Fair call. I stand corrected. My apologies. “Fake” is too harsh.

I guess it could even be called a “prototype”, but I’d usually reserve that term for items manufactured inhouse that didn’t make it to production.
Hey catman! No apologies necessary my friend and mentor! :D Just wanted to throw that out there cuz it cut a lil deep! And its not even my case! hahaha. Yeah, prototype almost fits on this one.....not quite but almost

Hey catman! No apologies necessary my friend and mentor! :D Just wanted to throw that out there cuz it cut a lil deep! And its not even my case! hahaha. Yeah, prototype almost fits on this one.....not quite but almost
Ha ha. Thanks for that. It was totally my fault. I shot my mouth off too quickly. That’s usually why I get into trouble.

Lux would call it a fake...even if it were legit. :D
However, with it not being an official item, the price went from $500 to $50...
It’s a cool case and good luck making one @trippledigitss I’m excited to see the finished product, sir.

Back