• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Want To Buy, Etc., ...

Well, I did make a copy...

Nah, for 11 years I had god-like access / authority over all of the company's data, including HR stuff, but I never abused it otherwise. I was a benevolent god...

And they'd have me help with their home systems, too, left me unattended for hours in front of all their personal data, legal docs, etc, but I never abused that, either. And not just unattended in front of their data but alone in the house...
I didn't want in peoples houses....I made them bring their stuff to work. I spent so much time at the office it was ridiculous....getting there before 7am and being there sometimes till 2am....always way after 6,7,8pm most nights. Long hours but it was good......

I didn't want in peoples houses....I made them bring their stuff to work. I spent so much time at the office it was ridiculous....getting there before 7am and being there sometimes till 2am....always way after 6,7,8pm most nights. Long hours but it was good......

Growing up I always imagined how I would spend New Year's Eve, 1999. Turns out I spent it at the old corporate office trying to implement a migration from Novell Netware to Win NT 4.0 along with a physical move to new offices starting with the New Year... not a fond memory...

And later when we were running a Citrix WAN I always had a connection up 24/7 at home, monitoring things... don't miss that at all.

Growing up I always imagined how I would spend New Year's Eve, 1999. Turns out I spent it at the old corporate office trying to implement a migration from Novell Netware to Win NT 4.0 along with a physical move to new offices starting with the New Year... not a fond memory...

And later when we were running a Citrix WAN I always had a connection up 24/7 at home, monitoring things... don't miss that at all.
I wasn't an admin back in 1999......had a waaaaay more fun job so I managed to have tons of fun that new years. But we were pissed at the IT guys who "fixed" our system.....we suddenly went from about a 2 foot high morning pile of paperwork that had to get broken up for our department to an 8 foot high pile of paperwork.......WTF???? And they swore it was better. Within 6 months of that I left that firm because my hours increased ridiculously even though they were picking me up and sending me home in a cab everyday.

When I did that stuff I had ALL Social sites totally blocked. If it wasn't deemed work related you were out of luck.
yeah, I wouldn't work for a corporation like that - like ever.

these big companies understand that the internet is a getaway of sorts and if people want to eff off on a forum, they can chose to do so lol....

these big companies understand that the internet is a getaway of sorts and if people want to eff off on a forum, they can chose to do so lol....
They can.....but not on company time when you are getting paid to work.....If you spend so much time on a forum or forums you just give them ammo to say you are no longer needed as you aren't as productive as you are supposed to be.

Though they may or may not have the manpower to watch it constantly, they have tracking of every bit of surfing you do if they want to check. It's basically having enough rope to hang yourself, if you choose to. Most restrictions tend to be to protect against malicious sites and to avoid displaying things that could cause HR problems.

oh yeah, I understand all that.....

I've been posting on 6 or 7 different forums since I started this job 5 years ago.....

if they wanted to check, I'd be out of here immediately (as would 75% of everybody in this building), but the only time people check is when they're trying to build a case to fire your ass.....

Latest Posts

Back