• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I want to buy these Juliet

JCFondeur

Oakley Beginner
Hello
I would like to buy my first pair of Juliet, A local store are selling me these for $300.
I want to buy them to put my prescription with polarized lenses.
What do you think, buy or not?
EzjCmrb.jpg

One thing to note, I do not know why, these have the final end of one of the legs misaligned, but I dont know if I csn break it if I try to align it right.

How is it misaligned? If they are brand new in a store and not damaged than yes you should jump on them. That is a rare find.

How is it misaligned? If they are brand new in a store and not damaged than yes you should jump on them. That is a rare find.

The final tip of the leg, the metal tip after the rubber, is a little bit turned up, is not straight.

Not easy to bend titanium man...

Sure it is: Example #1 below. Was pushing the earsock on and didnt use soap, and they were sliding up not too bad and my hand holding the ear stem I put too far up on the stem and looked at the TV and bam, into a "V" shape. Also you should see some of the frames that get sent in for lenses, the orbitals are twisted, the tops are twisted, arms are bent. Seen it all.
IMG_2106_2.jpg

The final tip of the leg, the metal tip after the rubber, is a little bit turned up, is not straight.

I asked you to elaborate because it's fairly common to have the earstems slightly out of alignment, such as if you put them on a table one tip would touch the table while the other would not. That's fairly easy to fix.

But it sounds like you're saying the tip is actually bent, as in crooked at the end. You could possibly bend it back, but doing so without marring or breaking them will be tough, and you're unlikely to get them back to 100%.

Whether or not to buy them depends on your tolerance of that flaw, but they are not worth $300 with that sort of damage. Half that, $150 tops, lacking box and coin as well.

Latest Posts

Back