• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I want to get a 3D printer but don't know what one to buy...

Brian D

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello,

Well i'm building a new display cabinet and want to get a bunch of 2 tier stands... Ive looked at the price of oakley ones, than off brand, and than other peoples 3d printed ones and i've come to the conclusion it will be cheaper to make them myself. I need over 25 two tier stands soooo to buy them offline would cost to much in my opinion. Just wanted to know what printer people would say is the best bang for my dollar. Only looking to do one color small projects. something in the $300 ball park and simple to use so I can figure it out. Also simple plug and play software that I can download a file and print it out.

Get an Ender 3 and cura. Long as you have a model you can print it. Keep in mind there’s a learning curve

I agree although I would at least go for the ender 3 pro over the standard Ender 3. I prefer prusa slicer over cura, but either will get you printing

Correct. Ender 3 pro v2/3. What ever is the latest one

The V2 is the latest but it’s like $70 more than a pro. If you want the color screen and the silent stepper drivers, then go for that. IMO the pro is a better deal if you don’t care about the screen and noise

I use an Ender 5 with some basic upgrades. I use Cura slicer, Tinkercad and 3D Builder for modelling.

Lots of good info to learn from on youtube. I'd start there.

Prusa slicer > cura
I’ve used both extensively. Tree supports are cool if you need them in cura, otherwise prusa slicer is better IMO

Back