• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I was asking for a simple photo of the oakley titanium 1 gen label

I don't see the problem of this. How many shops fkd up the serialised boxes by placing the wrong frames in the. The label would only pertain only to the pair you had. Let's face it, you can buy anything made for X-metals now. Linegear sell the lot. I just don't see the harm in this.

I don't see the problem of this. How many shops fkd up the serialised boxes by placing the wrong frames in the. The label would only pertain only to the pair you had. Let's face it, you can buy anything made for X-metals now. Linegear sell the lot. I just don't see the harm in this.
Somebody from Italy is selling fake labels on ebay and coincidentally this guy is from Italy as well and is asking for a large enough photo of an R1 label to print on a poster which can be cut and placed on an xmetal box if used to scam people.

It can be very bad for us collectors thinking we paid premium for a matching set but in reality it was just a loose unit with a made up matching label box

Somebody from Italy is selling fake labels on ebay and coincidentally this guy is from Italy as well and is asking for a large enough photo of an R1 label to print on a poster which can be cut and placed on an xmetal box if used to scam people.

It can be very bad for us collectors thinking we paid premium for a matching set but in reality it was just a loose unit with a made up matching label box
I understand that. But, there is nobody to stop him as everything X-metal is discontinued now. It’s the same with Spike Bobs and Bob heads, an original is expensive but, a resin one can cost much less.

I understand what you mean though, as I have matching serial pairs but, once discontinued, no real rules apply. It’s a touchy subject but there are a hell of a lot of people making none genuine parts.

I understand that. But, there is nobody to stop him as everything X-metal is discontinued now. It’s the same with Spike Bobs and Bob heads, an original is expensive but, a resin one can cost much less.

I understand what you mean though, as I have matching serial pairs but, once discontinued, no real rules apply. It’s a touchy subject but there are a hell of a lot of people making none genuine parts.
That is true but they can use it deceptively to jack up the price unlike rubbers or these bob heads

The bitching starts when the first collector buys a sealed / unopened R1 at a premium price to find out he got scammed.
And on top of all his claim with PayPal is also turned down because he tries to make that 19 year old operator at PayPal to understand that the label on the box is a fake.

Last edited:
Linegear and other aftermarket items are easily distinguishable from oem - these are out to fool people into buying something it isn't. Advertising that he can add a serial by request is fraudulant.

Happy to report that eBay has removed his listings.....

Aftermarket rubbers and lenses are different because they are consumable items. They wear out with use. If you buy a 65 corvette, not having the original tires isn’t a big deal, but if it has a faked, modern title and paperwork, it’s an entirely different thing