• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I was asking for a simple photo of the oakley titanium 1 gen label

I don’t think Linegear lenses are easily distinguishable Mark. Plenty sell their frame on saying they are Oakley lenses. It depends on your experience. Most people have no idea what the difference is. I don’t think it is fraud at all. He is just giving you the exact label you need to make the X-Metals you have match a box, how is that fraud?
Lenses, rubbers and c clips keep the frames in a useable condition; these repro labels are only to enhance value - that is why he is offering to match serials...

I think there are two camps on this one - some will see it as ok. It is something I will look at in the future that a complete set being sold with a perfect label may not be as it seems. I would need some provenance that it is oem and not repro'd (such as pictures pre Feb '23).

Last edited:
Lenses, rubbers and c clips keep the frames in a useable condition; these repro labels are only to enhance value - that is why he is offering to match serials...

I think there are two camps on this one - some will see it as ok. It is something I will look at in the future that a complete set being sold with a perfect label may not be as it seems. I would need some provenance that it is oem and not repro'd (such as pictures pre Feb '23).
IMO it doesn’t matter, the people who are collectors will figure it out, I collect US coins and counterfeiting is out of hand, my problem is these jackoffs with their pricing, selling it as authentic. That’s just criminal.

IMO it doesn’t matter, the people who are collectors will figure it out, I collect US coins and counterfeiting is out of hand, my problem is these jackoffs with their pricing, selling it as authentic. That’s just criminal.

So you’re cool with aftermarket x-metal serial stamping too?