• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Was Surprised These Were On Clearance...

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
The wife and I were walking around Newport, RI last night after dinner and I must have went into every store that sold Oakleys. I went into a SGH to look around and saw a few pair that I was interested in. Nothing rare or special....just looking to buy something. My wife has been getting on my case a little bit about my Oakley purchases.....so I did not buy anything.

We continued walking around and we went into a shoe store. My wife ends up buying 2 pairs of shoes. As we are walking out of the store she said "go buy your sunglasses". :) At this point, it was about 8:40 PM and most of the stores close at 9:00 PM. We walk back down to SGH to have another look around. Keep in mind, I always look for the Clearance/Sale area no matter what store I am in. When I was in the store earlier in the evening I didn't see the clearance "drawer". It was tucked in the back corner of the store. When we went back in, I happened to check on my wife (she was looking at a pair of Ray Bans) and she was near the clearnance "drawer" and I saw these in the drawer.

2011-08-27191312.jpg

So, I had to pick them up. I love these things! Distressed Silver Frame with Ice Iridium Lenses.

I tried showing my wife a few pair of Oakleys that she could buy, over the Ray Bans....but everything looks huge on her. Plus, she looked damned HOT in the Ray Bans.

No...I don't mind......MSRP is $200. They were on clearance for $139. From what the guy told me, they are doing away with this colorway. I think you can get them a little cheaper on Flea Bay.

I tried (a couple of times) bidding on a pair of the Distressed Silver Jury Frames (as the Fuel Cell Lenses will fit) on the Bay..but it never worked out.

pretty cool pair! and the cool thing is that the fuel cell lenses fit in there :eek:)

The wife and I were walking around Newport, RI last night after dinner and I must have went into every store that sold Oakleys. I went into a SGH to look around and saw a few pair that I was interested in. Nothing rare or special....just looking to buy something. My wife has been getting on my case a little bit about my Oakley purchases.....so I did not buy anything.

We continued walking around and we went into a shoe store. My wife ends up buying 2 pairs of shoes. As we are walking out of the store she said "go buy your sunglasses". :) At this point, it was about 8:40 PM and most of the stores close at 9:00 PM. We walk back down to SGH to have another look around. Keep in mind, I always look for the Clearance/Sale area no matter what store I am in. When I was in the store earlier in the evening I didn't see the clearance "drawer". It was tucked in the back corner of the store. When we went back in, I happened to check on my wife (she was looking at a pair of Ray Bans) and she was near the clearnance "drawer" and I saw these in the drawer.

2011-08-27191312.jpg

So, I had to pick them up. I love these things! Distressed Silver Frame with Ice Iridium Lenses.

I tried showing my wife a few pair of Oakleys that she could buy, over the Ray Bans....but everything looks huge on her. Plus, she looked damned HOT in the Ray Bans.

Every SGH I went into had the same deal on those Jury's. They also had a jawbone and another pair which I can't remember marked down. Nice pick up....

I was at a different SGH in Lee, MA yesterday and they had these there as well. No other Oakleys thou. If they had a pair of Jaw Bones, I may have had to picke those up too.

I still remember the day this pair launched at sgh. That wasn't too long ago too i guess with a little patience you can really save some money. This is part of the aluminum family

awesome pick up Del! yes the female oakley's are pretty huge these days, like the immerse. did theyhave the fringe?
i need to visit sunglass hut's more often. do all SGH have a clearence drawer? i haven't been to one in several months. our mall has a couple. i just dont go since they kind of do away with the boxes and such which drives me nuts.

nice purchase!

Latest Posts

Back