• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I wonder what X-Metal model I will like best?

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
For over a dozen years, I have always worn Square Wire 2.0s because I love the look and feel of the glasses. They fit me like a glove. I got a pair of X-Squared glasses many years back...but never wore them that much because they were so heavy, but I got used to them and they grew on me.

So, I was looking for another pair. And couldn't decide between Penny and Juliet. I like smaller frames/lenses...so I figure I will like the Pennys more. Well, I have on order both. They are both in X-Metal frames with ruby iridium lenses.

I do want to get a pair in titanium with blue lenses and blue socks, pads, rubber etc. Just to compliment what I am wearing. But before doing so, I am waiting for the Pennys and Juliets to arrive so I can make a decision what I should buy in titanium frames. Got spare lenses for everything, black and ruby for the most part. I THINK I will like the Pennys most as they resemble the SW 2.0s and have the spring hinges that I like. But we shall see. I thought about getting something different just for the collection's sake....but I wear my glasses. Romeo for example are too big IMHO. So we shall see what I like best of the 3. Looking at my head in my Avatar..what do you think will fit me best? I'm wearing SW 2.0s in the pic.

Though I love my Juliets, I like them both. So hopefully this is without bias...

Best I can tell looking at your avatar, I think you, too, with like them both. My guess is, you'll end up favoring the Penny initially, but after more extended wearing the Juliet will grow on you and become the favorite.

Just a hunch...

It's such a personal thing, we can't really know what you'll like ahead of time. Some people love the big old clunky Romeo, some the tiny sliver of Penny. Some even - gasp! - don't like the gorgeous and perfect Juliet ;)

You seem to be going the right way, trying a few and seeing what works.

Very much a personal preference. I started out with Juliets, and later realized that I liked Romeo, XS, and Penny's more. In that order. Based solely on your avatar, those have the general shape and size appearance of a Juliet, so that may be a winner for you. When you get them it may be a different story. The Penny is such a unique frame, though, it really all comes down to personal preference. I think the Ti/Ice is probably one of the easier Pennys to find if you decide to look for one, so that's a good think. Let us know what you decide.

I said Penny over Juliet because I LOVE LOVE the spring hinges on my SW 2.0 glasses. Some SW glasses didn't have spring hinges and I didn't like them. I think out of the X-Metal series....the Penny is the only one with spring hinges. BUT...I will know this weekend as I said, I bought both and I think I got really good deals on both of them....also bought the Ferrari Carbon Blade NIB for $240 (down from the $500 Oakley is asking). I own a Ferrari so I said...eh, why not.....wear them when I drive the car. lol

They are new. I have a pair of the Madman with the Prizm Daily Polarized lenses that I love.

The "joke" is the debate around if they can truly be considered X-Metals despite Oakley's branding. :tongue:

Personally I don't care what you call them, they're a great pair of sunglasses and I've been wearing mine regularly since I got them.

Back