• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I wonder what X-Metal model I will like best?

I MIGHT pay for 1st or 2nd gen Ruby PENNY lenses for that kind of money....the RUBY ones, not the FRUBY ones. But can't find them anywhere. Having some custom cuts made. Like I said earlier...I wear these glasses, yes....I bought a display case for them and try to keep them in the best possible condition. There are several types of collectors....I am not one to buy a pair of sunnys and not wear them. I will wear them with the appropriate attire that I am wearing so that I "match"....but not so much as to buy glasses just so they can sit in the box and be able to say that I have them. That's one reason why I really don't care for serial numbers and such. Only part about the serial numbers that I care about is when it comes down to the type of ruby red iridium lenses they have. I really like the 1st and 2nd gen ruby lenses...the ones after that, not so much. I could go aftermarket....but I really can tell the difference. If I HAD to go aftermarket...I think I would go with LINEGEAR. I have ice is both the Penny and Juliet...and will probably add a set of LG rubber kits to them. The violet HERO ones I got all all set and ready to go. They are advertised as MINT and I paid half od what others are selling the for....so like I said, I think I did OK. The hell with the serial numbers, they don't mean much to me.... r444
@Chris A Hardaway had out fielder prism that were really red in wwt

How low is your serial? Mine is 000475!
image.jpg

@Chris A Hardaway had out fielder prism that were really red in wwt
I spoke with him about a set. His Juliet frame was sent out so making a set without the frame right now might be hit or miss. I may want them for my Penny and he doesn't have a Penny frame so I will have to send him mine. All ready having custom cuts made...so I'm gonna wait and see how those come out like first.

Yeah...it was bugging me and I looked it up. Those are better to boost than the LS7...I want to boost mine, and I have to do a lot of stuff before hand and it will cost me a lot more. It's much cheaper and easier to boost and LS3 than a LS7...

Latest Posts

Back