• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Crater - OEM?

The picture is a Crater, not a Mars. Oakley did sell OEM Blue lenses and the rubbers are the same as the Juliets.

The picture is a Crater, not a Mars.
Right (same as the thread title)

To clarify: My question is does anyone have one of these OEM - meaning out of the box straight from Oakley direct or an authorized Oakley reseller that provided them as new, sealed, etc...?

You could- back in the day- buy a pair from Oakley along with blue lenses and rubbers, You got the black lenses in a sleeve and the ice lenses installed. As noted, the blue Mars nose bombs support his claim.
You can buy a black Mars and put a set of Ichiro rubbers on them but you wouldn't wind up with the correct nose bombs.
I have a black pair that were ordered with ice blue lenses but not spec'd with the blue rubbers. I've since added Ichiro rubbers and a set of blue bombs from Q train.
So I guess the answer is yes? Maybe?

I was stating Crater because his auction lists it as Mars. sorry for the duplication.

No, you could not buy Crater with Blue lenses from Oakley.

No, you could not buy Crater with Blue lenses from Oakley.
But you could buy a pair of BI Mars/ Craters along with a pair of ice lenses and have them installed at HQ prior to shipment.

I had heard that they were only available as replacement lenses for a short period of time. If true, what CarGuy says should have been possible. And CarGuy knows his stuff.

I was hoping this would stay on the low. He only had the one picture up at first and it looked kinda fake so I asked if he could send a few more, and BOOM! new pictures and all kinds of bidders. They are rapidly approaching the limit for me. But DAMN I want it!

Back