• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Iridium Polarized Lenses - Change of base color?

IceMan2

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

Today I received new Oakley prescription Split Shot sunglasses with Ice Iridium Polarized lenses. I chose the Ice Iridium Polarized lenses to keep the same neutral base color (same look through the lenses) I have had in wearing Twenty XX frames for the past 15 years. But it appears that the new Ice Iridium Polarized lenses have a different base color to my older lenses, see the photos below.

Has there been a change to the Ice Iridium Polarized base color?

The older lenses were manufactured in the USA 15 years ago, while the newer lenses were manufactured in China this week.
When I asked the Optometrist I ordered the prescription sunglasses from, why there is a difference, they explained that over time the color of my older lenses has changed from when it was when new.
Does this sound correct?

Also both lenses have been checked and they are both are polarized lenses.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I would say after how long it’s been maybe they ended up manufacturing at different places causing the difference.

I have a Prizm ruby lens that has a blue base just like the old ruby lenses. Even tho Prizm ruby should be a brown base

Latest Posts

Back