• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Or Violet Iridium ?

Rahul

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

Basically i wanted to ask a couple of things .
Firstly , i was wondering what should would be an ideal choice from the Ice and the Violet Iridiums or your opinions on what would be a better/preferable choice between the two

The 2 i shortlisted were the Infinite Hero Fuel Cell (Violet Iridium)
4de67c2f2c4e0.jpg

or the Garage Rock with Ice Iridium (9175-17)

Also , Is there any Other Sunglasses you all could suggest to go for besides the above 2 mentioned ? (Ice/Violet Iridiums only , besides the Holbrook and Radarlock Path as i already have them).

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
between your choices? FC IH... as for the lens i like the neutral based lenses... so ice for me... violets are for contrast...

Any iridium lens is worth having in the arsenal. I am not a big fan of the GR's, but I would make an effort to get both Violet and Ice pairs. I have the IH Fuel Cell and I really like it.

Cheers for the help guys. i did see the 9175-17 (not the IH FC) . It does look pretty sweet i'll tell you . I'll probably see the IH FC if it's displayed somewhere before deciding between one of those.

i was wondering if there's any other Sunglasses you guys would recommend in Ice or Violet iridium's ?

Violet looks way better from the outside, in my opinion. It's got both purple and blue elements, and just pops. Ice is blue, but rather plain looking. Looking out from the inside, Ice has a normal grey tint. Violet on the other hand looks different colors. If you look through the center, there is a bronze tint, but if you look out of the top half or extremities of the lens, it's more bluish. Actually, this can be quite distracting...but they look so good from the outside, that I always go for Violet.

Ice is available in almost every frame available. Violet is a bit harder to come by, but is still readily available. Just go browse the Oakley catalog and see what appeals to you.