• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ichiro Polished Carbon

jaopae

Oakley Beginner

I know it's very rare but is $1,399 a fair price. I do want to get one though.

"UNFORTUNATELY AS IS THE CASE WITH MOST JAPAN ONLY EXCLUSIVES, THE SERIAL # ON THE FRAME DOES NOT MATCH THE SERIAL # ON THE BOX."

Really?

I have all 6 Ichiro Juliet (& all 5 Ichiro Radar), and the serial numbers on the Juliets all match the boxes, except the polished - emerald slate, which does not have a serial on the left arm. They would all be matching when they begin life from the factory. Non matching x metal anything, Japan or not, normally happens when boxes go missing then the owner finds another box, or a pair in the store gets put into the wrong box. Also, if people sent a pair with a problem to Oakley they may have got back a different frame so that will no longer match the box. There are many non matching or 'no box' pairs, so from a collecting angle the most desired outcome is to have complete, excellent/mint, serial matching (where appropriate) examples and that applies to all x metals.

I have a pair of the X-Metal/Ruby Juliets that came straight from Oakley HQ, serial on box does not match the glasses. So they can come from the factory not matching. Not sure on Ichiros though.

I have a pair of the X-Metal/Ruby Juliets that came straight from Oakley HQ, serial on box does not match the glasses. So they can come from the factory not matching. Not sure on Ichiros though.

Yes I agree, I have no doubt of all the total number of x metals assembled and sent from the factory there would have to be some not matching, but I think the majority and the intent would be for matching pairs to be distributed. I also have a non match x metal - ruby juliet like you, the only x metal I have that is not matching, J serial later pair.

Yes I agree, I have no doubt of all the total number of x metals assembled and sent from the factory there would have to be some not matching, but I think the majority and the intent would be for matching pairs to be distributed. I also have a non match x metal - ruby juliet like you, the only x metal I have that is not matching, J serial later pair.

On a tangential though related note, the Artist Series Will Barras Montefrios were serialed, but I believe number on frame hardly if ever matches number on box. Weird.

As far as a fair price is concerned, I guess it depends on how bad you want them. I will say that the Ichiro line is awesome and hard to come by for any model in great to perfect condition at a nice price. This is one of the best looking models of the line as well. You could wait to see if another one comes on or if this one does not sell to compare prices or see a newer price point. Personally, I don't see myself spending that kind of cash for any pair but if you got the disposable income and you want it that bad then I can't criticize. All my Ichiro's have a matching serial (including my emerald slate one) so that is definitely a knock on this pair and being a collector that is very important. If you just want a show piece for your glass case or an everyday wearing piece (god forbid that you have enough disposable income to make this pair that lol) then the matching box might not be an issue.

I didnt think all Will Barras editions were serialed. Id also think the value of these Ichiro's would drop a bit by not having a matching serial.