• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ichiro Polished Carbon

As far as a fair price is concerned, I guess it depends on how bad you want them. I will say that the Ichiro line is awesome and hard to come by for any model in great to perfect condition at a nice price. This is one of the best looking models of the line as well. You could wait to see if another one comes on or if this one does not sell to compare prices or see a newer price point. Personally, I don't see myself spending that kind of cash for any pair but if you got the disposable income and you want it that bad then I can't criticize. All my Ichiro's have a matching serial (including my emerald slate one) so that is definitely a knock on this pair and being a collector that is very important. If you just want a show piece for your glass case or an everyday wearing piece (god forbid that you have enough disposable income to make this pair that lol) then the matching box might not be an issue.

You definitely have a serial number on the left arm of the polished - emerald slate 12-684 Ichiro?? I thought this pair did not come with a serial, I got my own pair as soon as it was released but no serial number. Anyone else here have this pair with a serial on the arm?

I didnt think all Will Barras editions were serialed. Id also think the value of these Ichiro's would drop a bit by not having a matching serial.

I have a feeling the Montefrio - Pol Black - Grey 24-049L1 Will Barras was only issued with the SERIALIZED EYEWEAR red sticker on the end flap, and that there are no non serialized examples of this glass. Others in the same stream of releases had non serial and serial versions. The Ichiro pieces I think would be worth more if serial matching, as you suggest.

As far as a fair price is concerned, I guess it depends on how bad you want them. I will say that the Ichiro line is awesome and hard to come by for any model in great to perfect condition at a nice price. This is one of the best looking models of the line as well. You could wait to see if another one comes on or if this one does not sell to compare prices or see a newer price point. Personally, I don't see myself spending that kind of cash for any pair but if you got the disposable income and you want it that bad then I can't criticize. All my Ichiro's have a matching serial (including my emerald slate one) so that is definitely a knock on this pair and being a collector that is very important. If you just want a show piece for your glass case or an everyday wearing piece (god forbid that you have enough disposable income to make this pair that lol) then the matching box might not be an issue.

Well, I don't have disposable income. Otherwise, I'd click the BIN button already. I want a pair for use but at that price, I don't think I'd wear them. Anyone unload those????

I wanted the pair and was ready to BIN, but then saw not matching serial #s... eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh