• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ichiro unobtanium

This topic makes me ill... most of these rubber kits were pennies on the dollar not long ago. Anyone who invested heavily in these a year or three back is probably making 10x their investment. Good for them, but its still BS, whatever... Reality is what it is and we are seeing these OEM rubber kits half-life their way out of availability month after month it seems. For those of us who are OEM diehards this really sucks as the rubber scalpers cash in.

Anyway, OCP rubber kits...

Green #35-175
Blue #35-173
and Red (Ducati, with the black bombs) #35-174
These seem to be the most common, but all are getting equally harder to find in a new/full kit. They were $75 to $80 a few months ago. Good luck finding a full kit now for less than $100, and be prepared to pay a few $s more if you are in a pinch for one. :mad:

White kits (not sure the #) are mostly 'partial' in that they generally only have one size of nose bombs or tshox when you do find them. I would say a complete set of these is harder to find than purple/IH, as we know the IH Juliets included all of the above - 6 of one half dozen of the other IMO. I'd say $140-$150 is on the low end as a full white kit is likely worth $175 if not more. I offer that as purple/IH rubbers go for $150 easily in used condition to upwards of $180, even $200 in like new or even gently used condition. It is obscene, and painful, but hey - that's the market we have created for them!