• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ICON removal from M2 wing?

Tsowdsun

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,
I created a custom M2 frame some years ago in the spirit of my son's HS sports teams. He has graduated now and I am now in the process of changing out some things like the ear socks to another color and I would like to change out the icon on the M2 wing. I already know that Oakley doesn't officially sell these, but I did find a vendor that was selling them (on ebay or amazon, can't remember). My question is if the icon is similarly attached to the M2 wing via adhesive like it is with the M frame? The Oakley rep who I spoke with mentioned something about magnets in the official Oakley icon on the M2. Not sure that made sense. I did think that it was possible that there could be a way it locked into that space though that I hadn't considered which may then benefit heating it up some and trying to bend it a bit to pop it out.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!!

There is no magnet holding them in. Just the normal adhesive. I would not recommend heading up the frame. If you can get a fingernail or very small flat head screwdriver under the edge of the icon at either end, it should just peel right up.

Warm/hot water works best.
If your skin can handle the hot water, then your frame can also handle it.
Hairdryer may heat up the Plastic to much.

Last edited:
Thanks all. The M2 frame I have is still perfect and didn't see the need to replace it. In fact...if there are any other M2 folks out there they are basically giving away the 24K lenses right now. Those come polarized, but not with prizm. Oakley is discontinuing that product so you can get 24K polarized (not just for M2s...but also but a Holbrook XL on clearance for nothing too) for basically nothing. Just FYI!

Back