• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Icon Small crown repair

I havent removed the crown from a TB but most have a push button to release then it just snaps/clicks back in. Your crown does not look broken so if it doesnt click or stay in the latch inside the movement is stuck or broken. Oakley does not repair movements, they only replace the movement IF they have one. I just pulled the 2 crowns off and movement out of GMT to repair the movement myself. Oakley doesnt have parts for them anymore. I did have the movement in a TB1 replaced but it was almost 2 year ago. If it gets to Oakley Mike is the only one that will work on it, no one else will touch it. Myself, Mike and Hayes (where they send autos for repair) are the only few I trust to open my watches.

Last edited:
Pics of the new TB. If you can see the two small dots, those are what keeps the clasp shut. One is just bent in a bit. It should just need a squeeze but I'd rather Mike snap it off than me lol

Like I said, it's pretty beat up but I'll see what I can do with it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I havent removed the crown from a TB but most have a push button to release then it just snaps/clicks back in. Your crown does not look broken so if it doesnt click or stay in the latch inside the movement is stuck or broken. Oakley does not repair movements, they only replace the movement IF they have one. I just pulled the 2 crowns off and movement out of GMT to repair the movement myself. Oakley doesnt have parts for them anymore. I did have the movement in a TB1 replaced but it was almost 2 year ago. If it gets to Oakley Mike is the only one that will work on it, no one else will touch it. Myself, Mike and Hayes (where they send autos for repair) are the only few I trust to open my watches.
I'm thinking your probably right and it will end up as parts.

Update!

Finally got off my ass and called Oakley. The two said to fill out the paperwork and send in pics and they would see what they can do.

I also just got a l other timebomb, this one a forged band model, the clasp on one side is a bit loose so I'll do the same with that one.

I askted her about Mike the watch guy and she said he was THE man for watches. @OakleyFrankFMJ, is there any way I can guarantee Mike looks at them? And secret password to drop?!

Include a tootsie pop. Watch guys love tootsie pops. Especially the sour apple flavor.

Pics of the new TB. If you can see the two small dots, those are what keeps the clasp shut. One is just bent in a bit. It should just need a squeeze but I'd rather Mike snap it off than me lol

Like I said, it's pretty beat up but I'll see what I can do with it.

View attachment 243087 View attachment 243088 View attachment 243092 View attachment 243093

Wow, that's pretty beat up.

Are you gonna try to remove the scratches from the crystal? Be cautious. I know a guy who used to be a member here, he recently got a beat up one to touch up and use for daily wear. He did a lot of research to find the best kit to remove scratches from mineral crystals and bought one. It warned in the instructions to go slow and watch out for heat buildup, which he tried to do. But it was too much and a big crack formed in the middle of the crystal from the heat. He sent a pic but I don't think I have it anymore. Last I heard he was thinking about selling it for parts.

Yeah it's definitely beat up. I figure the crystal is toast. I may give it a shot but if it cracks it's no real loss. I was only going to try and polish up the band.

I'll include 2 sour apple ones!

@SiRacer420 NO DONT PART IT OUT! Lol I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it. Glass doesn't looks too bad (compared to some of the eBay ones). The clasp is replaceable I got one replaced a few months ago. Set me back like $60 and now its tight like a tiger. If you do venture to try and polish the glass out let me know I'm interested so see what works.

Lol I'll keep this one likely. It's pretty cool that it's the titanium face. Sku 10-000. First TBs made.

The icon is probably only good for parts. Or display.

Latest Posts

Back