• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'd never buy 3rd Party lenses, but what about 3D?

Purchased some 3D XLJ lenses for a pair of Half Jackets earlier this year. Honestly, the ones that came with the TV are the same if not better quality although my daughter doesn't seem to notice. One thing I have to say is that they're loose in the frame, almost to the point where they'll drop out if you bump them. Obviously they're not designed to take the kind of abuse that everyday, outdoor sunglasses are but I was disappointed. The brand was Alta Lenz, purchased from ebay for about $30 shipped to Australia.

With all of the new easier to swap frames, Oakley really should offer 3D accessory lenses.

*cough* Racing Jacket *cough*

I have the 3d transformers gascan's i love them but they are not the best fit for me.
I would love 3D lenses for my racing/ jawbones.

So i was thinking about getting a pair of the 3D Hobbit Gascans. But I was thinking the same thing as Herbs, to bad they don't any other frames with 3D lenses. In doing some basic searching I came upon this article from Lux.

http://www.luxottica.com/en/oakley-releases-worlds-first-optically-correct-3d-glasses

So, with that in mind I went looking for this OLD thread to give some more insite into whether or not aftermarket 3D lenses would be worth it. And well, NO. Just like regular aftermarket lenses, we should stay away from them.
This does make want a pair even more though, just see the difference.

I recall my original point being that I realise after-market 3d lenses will not be as good as Oakley's own, but was curious whether anyone had tried any.

It still seems no-one has - so I still don't have a definitive informed answer.

Back