• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ideal Lens For A Computer Screen?

i start teleworking monday, so i dont care what i'll look since i'll be alone. there are some gunnars on woot.com, but the 2 models i would want are already sold out.
it made me come here to see if oakley had something similar

i start teleworking monday, so i dont care what i'll look since i'll be alone. there are some gunnars on woot.com, but the 2 models i would want are already sold out.
it made me come here to see if oakley had something similar
The Titianium Clear lens in my Flaks I use work well at long viewing hours eye strain. At the end of a long day day, i definitely feel less eye strain when wearing the Ti Clear lens. They don't magnify anything, and don't increase contrast, which is what the Gunnars say they do. I don't see the need for these two features for just working on your computer anyway, gaming maybe. While the Ti Clear lens wasn't made for computer screens specifically, I use them every day to protect my eyes from hours of staring at a bright screen. And to protect the laser corrective surgery I got two years ago. I'm happy with it. Flak 1.0 lenses are still available on Oakley.com in Ti Clear.

Btw, LASIK isn't a permanent thing. Or eyes change and grow with time. So although LASIK is an amazing technology it doesn't mean in 5 years your eyes won't change. I wish wearing eye protection would help the LASIK "stick" better, but it doesn't. But reducing eye fatigue will make us all happier, feeling better, less stressed, and even be better for the Ciliary Muscles that help you crystalline lens "eye" focus. The more we take breaks and focus at various distance, there is evidence to support it reduces the rate at which we develop presbyopia (the age related need for bifocals).
Cheers.

Latest Posts

Back