• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ideas for repairing soft X vault zip

TheBlondeFella

Oakley Beginner
So the 'tab' has broken off my soft X vault zip. Any ideas what to replace it with other than the zip (cable) tie I'm currently using? The zip tie option works but looks rubbish
Didn't realise they were as expensive as they are and would like to make it look a little better than it does.

So the 'tab' has broken off my soft X vault zip. Any ideas what to replace it with other than the zip (cable) tie I'm currently using? The zip tie option works but looks rubbish
Didn't realise they were as expensive as they are and would like to make it look a little better than it does.

As long as its just the tab you can take a tab from a regular Oakley case and replace it with that

@TheBlondeFella I’ve taken a good tab and slider from a regular oval soft vault.

Peel off the circular cover on the inside. It will reveal the stitching and the end of the zipper. Remove the stitching and you’ll be able to push the zipper track outwards so you can remove the slider.

Transplant the new slider, push the track back in, hand stich it back, and glue the circular cover back on.

You risk further breaking the slider rendering it useless because pot metal doesn’t like to be bent.

55A59B27-A004-4545-9281-86328C0C5DD3.jpeg

D2EBF3D6-259D-4B77-8BEC-4DA1E300A21D.jpeg

Back