• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Identify this case?

Laluk

Oakley Beginner
i inherited this case when I bought a bike shop three years ago. I assume from where the logo used to be that this is an Oakley case. I can't find anything even similar to it on the forums here. Everything works, original glass, shelving, and lighting.

Anyone know anything about it?

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

Do you mean something similar to this one? The one I have would date back to the 1980's, possibly older. It's solid steel, has storage beneath, is a fluorescent tube light, and weighs a ton. The one in the picture here is much different to the one I have. This is what I find when I search oakley goggle case on the forum, ebay, craigslist, and such.

img_4221-jpg.174832.jpg

Oakley didnt have cases like that in the 80s.
Im guessing thats homemade with an O sticker on it thats peeled off

Whatever glue that sticker was held on with is impressive. Looks like a lot of grinding or steel wool scrubbing, and still there.

Could be not Oakley. I just recognized the shape of the logo on the front. The case was in a bike shop that was started around 1970, so could be anything. Does kind of look Oakley-ish with the rivets and everything. I'm thinking of painting it up and using it in my new shop. Just didn't really want to ruin a piece of history if that's what it was.

Thanks.

To quote the immortal Bill Murray..."Chicks in New York paying top dollar for this stuff"!

I like it. Get a large ellipse logo on there and call it aged.

;)

Back