• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Identify Oakley Asian Fit Frames?

trenat

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know how to identify Asian Fit glasses?? Specifically Flakjacket. Any help appreciated thanks!

Is there a way, via the SKU #'s, etc., to ID if a particular frame is an AF model or not?

If so, is it a general rule across all frames, or different rules over various SKU's?

This particular question concerns Half Jacket 2.0 XL's, but I'd like to know any, & all info ...

well its pretty tricky in the flak jackets since they are all capable of being asian fit. they all come with extra pair of nose bombs which is considered the asian fit. they are just bigger nose pads. but in terms of maybe buying them like that it should have an A on the box next to the words.

^^They make legitimate Asian Fit Flaks, and not just the nose piece. If youve ever seen an Asian Fit pair of Gascans, youll notice the wrap of the frame is much more blocky than the regular ones, this is also the case for Flak Jackets. Ive only seen one pair like this, and asked the dude about them, and he said he had to order them special from the site because the nose bombs AF still didnt fit his face/head.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I just checked and there's nothing after the SKU on the frame. Also I don't have the box anymore so I don't think I would know if there was an A next to the words. LOL.

I just wanted to check as the current pair fits me well so I wanted to confirm before the next purchase. Cheers guys!

If there is no J next to the model number on the frame then they are definitely a normal frame. The Asian Fits are a bit wider and have modified wrap to the front. Unlike the Gascans, the Flak Jackets keep the same lenses as the normal ones. We have them at our store and they do have a distinctive fit to them. Both sizes come with both nose pieces and the Asian comes with the larger nose bombs on them, while the normal ones have the normal nose bombs on them. Hope this helps alot.

Is there a way, via the SKU #'s, etc., to ID if a particular frame is an AF model or not?

If so, is it a general rule across all frames, or different rules over various SKU's?

This particular question concerns Half Jacket 2.0 XL's, but I'd like to know any, & all info ...

All the Asian Fit in HJ 2.0 seems will be OO9153, the 153 being the distinguishing number. The regular half jacket 2.0 will end in 144 and the Xl in 154. The numbers after the hyphen in the complete sku will indicate lens color and that too is not consistent among various models, only depends on what order the buyers entered the inventory to the system. As noted that violet iridum in standard 2.0 ends in OO9144-08 and Asian fit ends in OO9153-06 for the exact same color scheme of Pearl/Violet Iridium.

To the best of my knowledge there is no pattern across all frames in the Oakley brand to indicate Asian fit or not, only with a particular model and you will have to look at each model as the number will not be the same. For example Asian fit M2's are OO9254 and standard frame are OO9212.

All the Asian Fit in HJ 2.0 seems will be OO9153, the 153 being the distinguishing number. The regular half jacket 2.0 will end in 144 and the Xl in 154. The numbers after the hyphen in the complete sku will indicate lens color and that too is not consistent among various models, only depends on what order the buyers entered the inventory to the system. As noted that violet iridum in standard 2.0 ends in OO9144-08 and Asian fit ends in OO9153-06 for the exact same color scheme of Pearl/Violet Iridium.

To the best of my knowledge there is no pattern across all frames in the Oakley brand to indicate Asian fit or not, only with a particular model and you will have to look at each model as the number will not be the same. For example Asian fit M2's are OO9254 and standard frame are OO9212.

I wanted to know in general, but I am trying to decipher this particular pair of HJ2 XL's I have. oo9155-02 62 "O" 15 133 With the "O" meaning the O is the Oakley symbol/Icon.

When I type them into Google as 009155-02, using ZERO's instead of the letter O, they come up in a couple places, but say nothing about AF, but if I enter them as oo9155-02, then I get a few Japanese, or some Asian language site that purports them to be AF.

They are "Atomic Orange" framed w/ Fire Irid lenses ... was told the frame color was unique in some sort of way when I bought them on here, which is why I started my search, but cannot seem to find if that is a fact. All I can find is on O-Review that the HJ 2.0 XL AF's came in this colorway ... Just a 'lil disappointed.

Back