• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If I Were To Sell My TiO2s...

hearno

Oakley Collector
I know I just bought them and have been posting a lot of questions on this forum but I really like the look of a new pair of Juliets or X Squareds. I cleaned up the frames and ordered new rubber from Oakley. The center piece is loose and def needs a tune up. The lenses are in decent shape... maybe a 7/10. I've also taken some better pictures to more accurately represent their current condition. What kind of money could I expect these to bring. Ebay has a few that are well over $400 but in slightly better condition. A "new" pair is listed for like $700. Here are the pics. Please let me know a realistic asking price. Thanks.

2011-11-28235419.jpg

2011-11-28235201.jpg

2011-11-28235133.jpg

2011-11-28235042.jpg

2011-11-28234912.jpg

2011-11-28235542.jpg

2011-11-27214110.jpg

A lot of this depends on the buyer and timing, but the TIO2 Is rarer than the 24k so its desirable. That said, to the best of my knowledge the only TIO2 available ruby now is a new pair for $475 and I think many here would assert that's a tad high. I have seen other new pairs sell quickly for $375 recently and a 98% pair at $500 has been up for months and hasn't moved. With all that being considered, you must automatically assume a buyer will add $75 for tune up and possibly $65 for lenses. Then the frame is used and if you don't have a box, coin etc that takes from value. Here's what I think: with full disclosure of condition you would get under $300...maybe mid $200's. I'm basing this off of $475 new minus $140 for tune up and lenses, used frame and hassle (which is a consideration when I buy. Truly though you won't know till you list it but you should have no issue getting enough to pick up 90% or more of the cash needed to buy your choice of new Juliets or Squareds, all which can be had for $250)$275 if you do your homework.

Also, you could call oakkey...they do trade in values with vintage frames but I think last time I checked it was $150 credit which means you'd do better selling on the open market

You might be better off trying to trade for a pair of Juliets to a collector who's looking for these and isn't picky on the condition.

To be honest, if i had gotten that pair for $80, i'd just keep them and use them as a beater pair.

I can't really tell you what you could get on ebay. It's a strange place, and you could get some buyers that really don't know what they are getting into. That said around $250 is a good guess. My real concern with them is that the finish is not in great condition.

These members are telling you just about what you need to know....Since you paid $80.00 for them, and they are in need of lenses, and a tune up that alone with taxes and shipping are over $200.00. Plus you need to consider the finish on the nose bridge of the frame is scratched up. Its in clear view in the front. That alone brings the frame value down alot. Replacing he other stuff is easy.....The frame can't be refinished at Oakley

That's what I was looking for. I'm headed to a Vault this afternoon to see what I see and possibly buy some new glasses. If I can't afford the ones I want I might have to sell these and I was hoping I got them cheap enough I could make a little money off of them to help offset the cost of the new glasses.

That's what I was looking for. I'm headed to a Vault this afternoon to see what I see and possibly buy some new glasses. If I can't afford the ones I want I might have to sell these and I was hoping I got them cheap enough I could make a little money off of them to help offset the cost of the new glasses.

What ones do you want? you will be amazed on some of the good deals you can find on Oakleys (here or if lucky on on eBay)

Craigs List is another spot.

Back