• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Jim still owned Oakley,would Xmetals still be made ?

First time I've read, heard that commented that X-Metal look old school.

Worn every X-Metal i have amongst people who don't know or care about Oakley, and always get comment similar to beinv designed futuristic, alien looking or high tech. Same comment I get wearing Oakley watches, co-office of mine can't get over the metal band of my stealth GMT.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Worn every X-Metal i have amongst people who don't know or care about Oakley, and always get comment similar to beinv designed futuristic, alien looking or high tech. Same comment I get wearing Oakley watches, co-office of mine can't get over the metal band of my stealth GMT.

Yeah I always get what are those? I reply there Oakley's Xmetals, there response ,did they just come out..yeah about 19 years ago.

well I try to be honest :)back then there was just rendering of the juliets on website and I though they look like wire frames,too thin and bit too round...bit oldschool hah :D
back then I had clear/violet fuel cells and I was into sports frames only(I had old Racing JAckets and last gen M frames :)
but sure having juliets in your own hands you change opinion,about the quality and fit,especially they look great on your face....
It was before I got this disease now I have 11x Juliets,4x R1 and 5x X-squared :D

owe dingo my dingo hahahahahaaha. Thats the reason it was sold to begin with the brand took a nose down, and lux is basically killing it more lol.

owe dingo my dingo hahahahahaaha. Thats the reason it was sold to begin with the brand took a nose down, and lux is basically killing it more lol.

I thought the stock took a dive because Luxotica, who pretty much owns the entire glasses distribution channel, squeezed Oakley out from being sold anywhere because of pricing negotiations between the two companies. Then they came in and bought Oakley when it was down, due to Luxotica's own questionable business practices. At least that's what I heard.

I thought the stock took a dive because Luxotica, who pretty much owns the entire glasses distribution channel, squeezed Oakley out from being sold anywhere because of pricing negotiations between the two companies. Then they came in and bought Oakley when it was down, due to Luxotica's own questionable business practices. At least that's what I heard.
Yup monopoly as it is bro. Same scenario. Now that the value of your xmetals are in its all time low ima buy them from for cheap lol. Money ready :D

Never put all your eggs in one basket

Back