• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Jim still owned Oakley,would Xmetals still be made ?

i have wondered this question many times. Has any one ever asked him that? I know restrictions and profit margin shut them down.. I would like to think he would have tried other methods to keep Xmetals alive.
profit margins were not the problem! they made a lot of money on a pair of x metals!

I really doubt the line would have continued for too long. Jim would have moved on to bigger and better things. I think we would have seen some amazing new stuff, rather than the stuff we are seeing now.

If they ever re-released the Juliets I would definitely snag a pair or two. Right now I will just have to settle for fixing up my old pair with some new hardware and some Deep Water Prizms.

If they ever re-released the Juliets I would definitely snag a pair or two. Right now I will just have to settle for fixing up my old pair with some new hardware and some Deep Water Prizms.
I really hope they don't re release the Juliet or any of the original batch of X-Metal, for reasons that are obvious.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

I really hope they don't re release the Juliet or any of the original batch of X-Metal, for reasons that are obvious.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

They would not be able to re-release the originals without spending obscene amounts of cash, but I think it would be kinda cool to see a tribute version released in O-Matter. I think an O-Matter R1 would be cool. I don't think that would be too difficult or expensive.

I think they could easily produce the new titanium x metals in China,would be much cheaper then original X metals,especially seeing the quality of the recent x metal fakes is on high level,so dont tell me anyone oakley couldnt make it from Titanium again :)

They would not be able to re-release the originals without spending obscene amounts of cash, but I think it would be kinda cool to see a tribute version released in O-Matter. I think an O-Matter R1 would be cool. I don't think that would be too difficult or expensive.
It's not! ;)There are fake plastic of the Juliet,Romeo,x squared already l:D

I think they could easily produce the new titanium x metals in China,would be much cheaper then original X metals,especially seeing the quality of the recent x metal fakes is on high level,so dont tell me anyone oakley couldnt make it from Titanium again :)

The best X-Metal fake out there is nowhere near the quality of original not just material but built wise (just saying).
IMHO it is just labeled as best copy of x-metal since its a metal copy with appearance closer than the originals.

It is more useful as a props than actual wear (freaking heavy and rattles a lot, cheap lens too)

If it is fake, o-matter still wins in oakley being faked, have you seen a PB 2 rootbeer fake? It is copied way way better than any X-Metals.

Back