• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Jim still owned Oakley,would Xmetals still be made ?

sure bro agree that its not same as original,comparing to pitboss or even some sport o matter frames that are almost perfect...
I think i saw one aluminium fake juliet that was very good bro.... not heavy like the fakes few years ago....pretty well copied i must admit....sure the details were fu**ed up....but i feel like they didnt give a sh.t about making it perfect just saying....and they cost like 20usd bro to produce and sell....just saying if a solid people do this kind of thing the result can be amazing for very low costs

It would be nice if they were still available. It kind of sucks having to shell out massive amounts of money for a new pair unless you get really lucky and score a deal somewhere. I had my previous pair of Juliet's for 5 years and kept them in immaculate shape and lost them this summer. Not that they would have been cheap to replace brand new anyway, but buying used does kind of suck.

I also would love to see the metals still in production-same as most of guys on this forum,I am sure......but I think it is completely possible to produce these frames again out of Ti for low costs in here in China,
the quality can be very high as well,lets see maybe some company in future will go into this direction again...
Honestly I can imagine for like 400 usd,todays new X metals could be very modern combination of Carbon and Ti,not as just simple carbon plate as they used on Tincan,but more 3d sculpted stuff

I also would love to see the metals still in production-same as most of guys on this forum,I am sure......but I think it is completely possible to produce these frames again out of Ti for low costs in here in China,
the quality can be very high as well,lets see maybe some company in future will go into this direction again...
Honestly I can imagine for like 400 usd,todays new X metals could be very modern combination of Carbon and Ti,not as just simple carbon plate as they used on Tincan,but more 3d sculpted stuff
Not likley do to patents that Oakley holds on such stuff

Not likley do to patents that Oakley holds on such stuff
true,agree,the flex couplers and some other things you would not be able to use,but common they cannot patent use of titanium,or some other thing,like 3 point fit ,or screws in hinges are used by all sunglasses like rudy project for instance,so I think it could be possible to bring 3d sculpted Ti eyewear back :)

true,agree,the flex couplers and some other things you would not be able to use,but common they cannot patent use of titanium,or some other thing,like 3 point fit ,or screws in hinges are used by all sunglasses like rudy project for instance,so I think it could be possible to bring 3d sculpted Ti eyewear back :)

It's the deigns of X-Metals that Dingo is refering to mainly as haveing patents on them. Creating X-Metals elsewhere in the world without written permissoon from the patent holders would be showing blatant disregard for the patents. Regardless of improving on the design, which I believe could be acchieved, they wouldn't legaly have the same designs that we know and love, effectively they would just be a pair of foakleys.

It's the deigns of X-Metals that Dingo is refering to mainly as haveing patents on them. Creating X-Metals elsewhere in the world without written permissoon from the patent holders would be showing blatant disregard for the patents. Regardless of improving on the design, which I believe could be acchieved, they wouldn't legaly have the same designs that we know and love, effectively they would just be a pair of foakleys.
i agree it would not be juliets or romeo,but i believe it could look even better

Latest Posts

Back