• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Oakley Designed A Flashlight It Would ......

It's called Candlepower Forum or CPF. There is also a marketplace sister forum called Candlepower Marketplace (CPMP) it's like your exchange. How about some tritium? Check this out
azubyhy6.jpg
7ajyqemy.jpg

Since Oakley isn't designing anything even close to the X-Metal line, it seems that the prospect for new Oakley high-end composite metal frames is hopeless. Sad. No one here is making custom composite metal frames? The prospect is that the X-Metal panache will die soon.

Since Oakley isn't designing anything even close to the X-Metal line, it seems that the prospect for new Oakley high-end composite metal frames is hopeless. Sad. No one here is making custom composite metal frames? The prospect is that the X-Metal panache will die soon.

The good news is that this community is providing the services & consumables to keep x-metals in service. But yes it is sad that x-metals are too expensive to continue producing. Oakley does provide some, but limited support on tune ups and replacement rubber. As more people realize this, high end buyers seem to find this community and get what they need. @THE X-MAN from the other flashlight thread is the guru for tune ups - he does a better tune up than Oakley in my opinion. There are several custom lens cutters on the forum including @InfiniteHero and @xmetalmaniac and @dr.chop .

Dam, glad I saw this thread. Thanks Super for tagging me in it. Would not have seen it otherwise. Busy making lenses. Gotta look for one of those black Tritium lights. Wish my stream light had that.

Don't put them in your pocket, or your balls will shrivel up! :rofl:

Yeah, when the idea was proposed earlier to put some tritium on x-metals my first thought was wondering how wise it would be to stick radioactive material right next to your brain.

But it wouldn't be used if it was dangerous, we've been there, done that, so I looked it up. It's a "low energy beta emitter" and its beta particles are unable to penetrate the skin.

If the container tube breaks and you inhale / ingest / absorb through the skin the actual tritium, there is a radiation hazard, but it's relatively not too bad, doesn't stay in the body too long. Suprisingly, drinking large amounts of alcohol actually helps pass it through the body faster... I wonder if The Wife would buy that excuse - "Honey, I'm decontaminating!"

Ice cubes in your pocket will also make your balls shrivel up...

Back