• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If you could only own 1 X-Metal, which style?

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
I am in the market for my 1st X-Metal but not sure which style to choose. I haven't been able to try any of them on. The O frames I wear most are Fives Squared, Jawbone, Flak Jacket XLJ, and Straight Jacket II. I owned some Crankcases but found they touched my eyebrows and were uncomfortable on the side of my head after 30 mins. Here are some x-metals I am considering:

I found 2 Juliets; 1 is complete BNIB with black iridium lenses and x-metal frame. The other has plasma iridium lenses and titanium frame but only comes with a metal vault, no box or coin. He did not say how many times it was worn.

The XX I found is complete, with very little use, and has 24k iridium lenses and 24k frame.

The Penny was worn 4 times and has ruby lenses and titanium frame.

I am also considering a polished Half-X on here with VR50 lenses.

I appreciate any input into which ones are the best investment and also if there are others you would choose if you could only own 1 x-metal. Thank you.

juliet4.JPG

julietNF.JPG

xx.JPG

penny.JPG

Last edited:
It would be a Juliet, no question.

Probably the below, maybe the polished carbon.

So I will advocate the Juliet too.
image.jpeg

Thank you for the replies. It does seem like Juliets are the most popular with members here. I am waiting to hear back from the seller with the LNIB complete Juliet that is in the 1st picture I posted. Funny thing is I thought you were all crazy for spending so much on one pair of glasses when I first joined. Hopefully I will just buy 1 pair of x-metals. Nobody ever buys more than one do they?;)

Thank you for the replies. It does seem like Juliets are the most popular with members here. I am waiting to hear back from the seller with the LNIB complete Juliet that is in the 1st picture I posted. Funny thing is I thought you were all crazy for spending so much on one pair of glasses when I first joined. Hopefully I will just buy 1 pair of x-metals. Nobody ever buys more than one do they?;)
Nope. You're in big big BIG trouble

Back