• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If You Had To Choose Just One.....

Probably my black Minute Machine but my polished black 12 gauge is a close 2nd. The black/white hybrid 12 Gauge comes in 3rd.
The duplicate black MM is going to be sold or polished. When/if polished it may become my #1.

Watches_zps04b3cc60.jpg

Wow I just need one of each of those. I may have a chance to get a MM at a decent prcie but without box. How hard is it to put or get a new battery put in MM?

You need to send it in to replace the battery. Oakley presses and seals the watch themselves so they know if you changes the battery yourself, which will void all warranty. The turn around through Oakley is pretty quick however

You need to send it in to replace the battery. Oakley presses and seals the watch themselves so they know if you changes the battery yourself, which will void all warranty. The turn around through Oakley is pretty quick however

Oakley doesn't do it any different than a competent watch repairman. At least on the 12 Gauge there is no press involved and the only sealing is the O ring. I have had the 12 Gauge apart. Just takes the proper tools, I used a watch vise and an adjustable spanner wrench. You just have to be carefull when reinstalling the O ring. The Minute Machine appears to be easier with the screws but havn't had the need to open one up yet.

I had taken it for service, the second hand for the chronometer would act like it was stuck or only run for a few seconds. Sometimes it would not reset. All other functions worked well and kept time. He took it for a few minutes brought it out with new battery working great. Offered to pay but was told a courtesy service. I frequently stop in at HQ, they are aware of my addiction.

Back