• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ikea Detolf....

I personally like this one just because it has a lock and it isn't as much of a cheap material..i see a lot of skate shops with multiples of these and i believe BAPD77 has one! If i don't get an Oakley display by April I'm getting this...

KLINGSBO Glass-door cabinet - IKEA

That one is a better one, but if you actually go to IKEA and see it in person, the bottom panel is kinda girly :tongue:

I had the Detolf before i got my double wide. It is indeed a very nice case. Limited on space though as it only has 3 shelves and the base. You could very easily add shelves with wire rope grips and glass shelves.

Here's a pic of it after i emptied it out:

6604969649_908729db57_b.jpg

Close ups of the wire rope grips:
6815477859_6536d173e3_b.jpg

6815479201_8cba4a52eb_b.jpg

And an old pic of it from last year:
6815479733_a8f13e7349_b.jpg

That one is a better one, but if you actually go to IKEA and see it in person, the bottom panel is kinda girly :tongue:

Id cover it up! Ive seen it in person and the flowers were definitely a bad idea!!! But, nothing more than some thing to put over it :)

I had my local Glass Doctor custom cut them with a pencil edge. Cost me about $40 for 3 pieces. I think Nyarlothep (or however you spell it) got his cut for cheaper. I know someone else on here did the same but used plexiglass, but the weight of all his items made it bend.

You could also go to Lowes to have them cut glass for you. The only thing is that they don't do pencil edges so you'd have to smooth them out on your own or run the risk of slicing your hand/arm every time you reach in :lol:

$40?!?! I got 3 pieces for $15 :S (bought one sheet that was like 35x48 for $15, and they cut it down for me at the store. I think it was Home Depot...

$40?!?! I got 3 pieces for $15 :S (bought one sheet that was like 35x48 for $15, and they cut it down for me at the store. I think it was Home Depot...

Yah, i had actually done that at Lowes, but the edges were rough and needed to be sanded down. I opted to not accidentally slice my hand on the shelf while reaching for my sunnies :smile:

I have a detolf and I love it. Serves its purpose very well. I have done a shelf mod but I used pixi glass. It will bend if you put the weight towards the center so I wouldn't put more than 6 pairs per pixi glass shelve. For me it works perfect and I will eventually add glass shelves. I just didn't have money at the time to go and buy the glass so I used pixi glass I had around the house.

Back