• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IKON for XX

nicosauve1

I should Work at Oakley
Humboldt County, CA
Sent my frame in to Doug at IKON lenses, he needed an XX frame in order to begin lens production for this model since all he currently owns is a Juliet.

Check ebay for his listings for XX X-Metal lenses. That is my frame in the pics for every listing!

Thank you Xman for the awesome finish job and thank you Doug for showing them off in your listings.

When I receive the lenses I ordered I plan to test them and post as detailed a review as I can. I really think they are gonna be awesome. They are prism corrected melanin injected poly carbonate with AR coating and all. Should be fantastic!

and...they are available...unlike oakley lenses or even donors at this point apparently

Sent my frame in to Doug at IKON lenses, he needed an XX frame in order to begin lens production for this model since all he currently owns is a Juliet.

Check ebay for his listings for XX X-Metal lenses. That is my frame in the pics for every listing!

Thank you Xman for the awesome finish job and thank you Doug for showing them off in your listings.

When I receive the lenses I ordered I plan to test them and post as detailed a review as I can. I really think they are gonna be awesome. They are prism corrected melanin injected poly carbonate with AR coating and all. Should be fantastic!

and...they are available...unlike oakley lenses or even donors at this point apparently
You sent him your frame? That's awesome man! So all the lenses made are based off your frame? Not everybody can say that ;) I'm looking forward to seeing the optical testing on these. They look promising indeed. Do you have a pair of Ikon lenses yet?

Last edited:
You sent him your frame? That's awesome man! So all the lenses made are based off your frame? Not everybody can say that ;) I'm looking forward to seeing the optical testing on these. They look promising indeed. Do you have a pair of Ikon lenses yet?

exactly joe! I am super proud my frame was involved in the genesis of ikon xx line of lenses!!! So sad to see them grow up and go to college you know.. lol ! I don't have lenses yet but will in the next few days.

I don't have equipment or a projector to test with...I'm working on it..

joe you are great man I super appreciate you thank you

ok then. I think it will fit my later gen frames fine man given the way other lenses have fitted between frame gens. In my experience at least if it fits gen 1 it fits em all. go ahead with your conclusions though
I'm just basing it off personal experience with my frames. My 2nd gen runs a little smaller than the 1st gen. 2nd gen lenses fit in the 1st gen fine, but the lenses from the 1st gen are too big for the orbitals on the 2nd gen.