• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ikon lenses

vthokie1050

Oakley Enthusiast
I just purchased my first pair of Ikon lenses . I have to say I am really impressed with their products . They are very clear and crisp. The other aftermarket lenses I have tried are very dark but these are not. I will be purchasing more from them. They look really good in my plasma Juliets .

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

Since Frank already brought @ikon lenses, gives me a chance to ask why no aftermarket lens companies seem to make any CONTRAST lenses that aren't flashy?

Something like a VR28 BIP, or a Tungsten Iridium Polarized, or Titanium Iridium Polarized, or just something with contrast that isn't just Bronze, or a flashy lens... Like contrast with an standard type of iridium.

Is it hard to do? Or expensive? Why do I never see any? This is the one reason I will pretty much always stick with Oakley lenses.

**Please correct me if I'm wrong, or give me more info on your lenses if I am missing something.

Thanks!

Or maybe even just use the standard bronze base (or rose/Bronze) with a black mirror or half chrome applied, which would end up similar to a Tungsten or a Titanium Iridium from the Big O.

Just some subtle contrast even on a blackish or slightly mirrored lens would be excellent.

Last edited:
Ikons 24K aren't that flashy and work very well (couldn't find OEM tungsten or titanium iridium polarized for my Split jackets so I had to go aftermarket) Pretty close to Oakleys Gold iridium that they used to have on their VR28 Gold iridium polarized. I agree about the lack of anything like VR28 and normal black iridium though. Not much except darkish bronze out there

Back