• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ikon +red, my thoughts

Onza

Oakley Enthusiast
Picked up a set of Ikon +red lenses for a pair of X Metal Juliet's from Amazon and installed them last night. I wore them all day today and they were great. No eye strain, as I'm susceptible to this with cheapo lenses. The lenses provided a crisp image that was on par (or better) than the 2013 Ruby lenses that were in them before. The glasses look much better with the deeper red than the Oakley lenses.

The down side. The installation was difficult on one of the lenses, it took a bit of fiddling to get it to fit where I could tighten the orbital screw. Once in, it fit firmly with no rattle. The inner AR coating will discolor when perspiration gets on the inside of the lens, easily corrected with some cleaner. It can be annoying if in your line of sight and you can't clean them right away.

Overall I'm sold on these lenses, they look great and perform well to my eyes. Oakley purists will frown, but they are a great alternative at a great price.

Next, some linegear lenses for my Romeo 2s.

Ordered a set of black lenses for my daily Juliet's from Ikon. I also ordered a set of linegear lenses for my Romeo 2s, looking forward to getting them. More to follow.

Latest Posts

Back