• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

i'll be waiting for these babies!! X METEEEELZZZ!!!

It's the well known "181" frame. Oribitals have 181° to keep the lenses in place.

2055B6F4-32D0-4D29-A92C-FDF1E124A354-23816-0000049589E25B65_zps09141027.jpg

yeah thanks for the screengrab Q, its gonna be nylon like most RX half frames

But I don't think you can use oem lenses due to the thickness. I think temp glue would work better IMO. Or design it in such a way the curve still holds it. But idk how well that would work since they're not really a circle

also t
But I don't think you can use oem lenses due to the thickness. I think temp glue would work better IMO. Or design it in such a way the curve still holds it. But idk how well that would work since they're not really a circle
the frame is designed to actually open up abit when the C clips are removed.. so to pressure fit a lens it would need to be oversize. and yeah the shape also means it might not stay in if the opening is cut at the wrong spot in the frame since its not a circle, more like a tilted oval.

The guy making them did say he used thicker lenses so that he could groove the lens edge for the nylon, and then bevelled the top side so it fitted into the lens groove of the frame.

Back