• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm An X Metal Noobie

04-121.jpg

ok Tio2 is a colorway for the frame.. basically X-metal nosebridge and earstems, with plasma/titanium orbitals.. =)

its probably as rare as the 24K gold X-Metal XX, if not rarer.

Feel free to PM me with X-metal questions.. im happy to answer them =)

are 24K XX? never seen those

ah ok misunderstanding. yeah the TiO2 colorway definitely is rare.. as rare as 24k or rarer.. although there are lots of 'Custom' jobs out there.. made by splicing a plasma and X-Metal frame together..

Like a Frankeinstein...LOL...

Yeah, it is, but this treatment was just applied to only a few (I'm using the words from the guy that gave me the lecture during a tour to the HQ) hundreds of frames from different models (XX, Romeo and Juliet) and it was a very rare production run, unlike the carbon or plasma that are constantly in production

not sure how true about the treatment... maybe its just marketing talk.. :confused:
i've compared my TiO2 Juliet (bridge and stems) against my X metal Juliet... the finishing looks the same...

whatever it is... TiO2 is still a bada$$ colorway in my opinion.. :biggrin:

not sure how true about the treatment... maybe its just marketing talk.. :confused:
i've compared my TiO2 Juliet (bridge and stems) against my X metal Juliet... the finishing looks the same...

whatever it is... TiO2 is still a bada$$ colorway in my opinion.. :biggrin:

im sure that by "treatment' he just means that the colorway was applied to very few pairs.. so yeah no difference between the nosebridge or earstems between a TiO2 or a X-Metal..

Isn't TiO2 a rather poisonous compound? I've always thought it was referring to the colorway and not actually containing the material.

Just looked it up. TiO2 dust may cause cancer but TiO2 use is quite common in a lot of everyday products.

Isn't TiO2 a rather poisonous compound? I've always thought it was referring to the colorway and not actually containing the material.

Just looked it up. TiO2 dust may cause cancer but TiO2 use is quite common in a lot of everyday products.

i'll refrain from licking the nose bridge and ear stems... :laugh:

Back