• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm An X Metal Noobie

Zax

Chicago
Ok, so this is probably going to sound really bad, but what do you guys mean by Tio2. I tried to do a search, but couldn't find an answer. I've been looking around for the X Metal XX (Is that the right name?), and that seems to pop up a lot for them. What would be the proper search term for those as well? Sorry if this is a very obvious answer haha. I don't seem to understand :confused:.

04-121.jpg

ok Tio2 is a colorway for the frame.. basically X-metal nosebridge and earstems, with plasma/titanium orbitals.. =)

its probably as rare as the 24K gold X-Metal XX, if not rarer.

Feel free to PM me with X-metal questions.. im happy to answer them =)

Oh! That makes a lot more sense. Thanks! I think I'll stick to Carbon :).

Does this make them lighter than other X Metal frame options/colors?

TiO2 or carbon etc.. they are all just surface finishes.. the actual material is still the same (X-Metal) so no weight differences.. just how they look =)

Yeah, is just a treatment for the metal, which is the same for all the x metal... but it looks rad and the frames TiO2 are becoming harder to find because the production was limited to only a few units (don't know the number)

really? im not aware of this. TiO2 is just a colorway AFAIK..

Yeah, it is, but this treatment was just applied to only a few (I'm using the words from the guy that gave me the lecture during a tour to the HQ) hundreds of frames from different models (XX, Romeo and Juliet) and it was a very rare production run, unlike the carbon or plasma that are constantly in production

Back