• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Done with the Madman (The Honeymoon is OVER!)

Point blank this a discussion thread! If you don't like what people have to say don't read it. They entitled to their opinion. Whether you agree or not . Keep it friendly !
as I said keep it to your self there are already a gazillions thread of this there is no point to make one or even discuss it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and yah happy lol. its just going on circles no point of discussing anyhow this is my last post on this thread :agree:

as I said keep it to your self there are already a gazillions thread of this there is no point to make one or even discuss it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and yah happy lol. its just going on circles no point of discussing anyhow this is my last post on this thread :agree:
You should heed your own advice and leave the thread alone ;) . People will continue to post and make new threads on mm and bm.

Point blank this a discussion thread! If you don't like what people have to say don't read it. They entitled to their opinion. Whether you agree or not . Keep it friendly !
Opinions would be great. It's when we get a lot of the ignorant fact (Lux wants, Oakley won't, Lux told, Lux decided) that issues come up.

Someone reads it. They repeat it. It was presented as fact among a group of people that includes a LOT of insider knowledge. Without knowing exactly who or where that info comes from most of the time, compounded by the anonymity of screen names and internets.

I've ranted on it a lot in the last few years. When we get people telling us that Oakley is pretty autonomous, they had a chat with Colin Baden at some event, or such-and-such, then in another thread someone talks about a new release and someone replies "well when Lux is pulling the strings just looking for more money" - it gets INFURIATING. I understand where it comes from, it doesn't make it OK. Yeah, everyone has their opinion, but when they turn their little tiny nugget of truth into an anti-Lux hate message presented as informed information a line is crossed.

I agree some talk about Lux or their practices can be misleading. I don't mind it . I was always taught not to accept one persons words as facts but to investigate and come to my own conclusion. A lot of stuff from both sides are opinions not facts most of the time. Unless your higher up in Oakley I think most people really go off second hand information..

It's all second hand information on here. I have to agreed with Rustpot. The problem is most here don't do any research and just repeat what they read here as the truth.

A great example is the aluminum display cases and display items, Oakley NEVER released or called them X-Metal at any time, but lots of people here refer to them as such because someone else here calls them that. It's only here and eBay that the term is used and the eBay guys just use it to increase the traffic to their for sale item.

This is what it is.... Lux owns Oakley, period. They make this crap in China, there are very little quality controls and regulations that are enforced so their profit margins are ridiculous. From lux's stand point they could care less what the collectors, and previous generations loved about the brand. It's all about the future. They will ride the coat tails of the reputation Oakley made for itself, and reap the rewards. I personally, like the Oakley, gear, apparel, and some of their other items, but refuse to buy any glasses from them that says "Made in China" on them. I was proud to buy Oakley's knowing they were made right here, but now who knows how or what has gone into them. A perfect example of the lack of quality controls is the recent lumber liquidators case. They literally swapped labels of chemicals int he factory to remain compliant, and shipped toxic flooring to the US.... I realize this is an extreme example, but it goes to show that no matter what, the quality of the brand we love will never be what it once was.

@qtrain23 You are correct, metals had their flaws, but they were made here in the US, Designed here in the US, and their style and design are still sought after by new Oakley enthusiasts, as well as the older generations of collectors. Comparing x metals to theses is like comparing apples to oranges. They share a name, but are nothing alike.
Couldnt agree more

I tried on the MM and the BM today...I can't wear them. The production location debate aside, the BM are one of the few pairs that doesn't fit snug enough to instill confidence they won't move or become distracting. The light leak on the MM is too great for me as well. I'm genuinely kind of bummed they don't suit me, so the funding will go to a mars and another X-squared for now.

Sooooo.... :focus:. @MJLSr, Sorry to hear about your terrible honeymoon with the Madman. It looks as though a divorce is in order. I'm still on my honeymoon with mine, and we seem to be doing ok, although we don't go outside that often because I am a little ashamed of the way we look together. Only time will tell if we can make it. After our honeymoon is over, I'm sure we will return home and I'll have to lock my Madman up every once in a while to prevent it from escaping and jumping on my face. By the way, my Madman is quite loose and makes for a little bit of an unpleasant experience if you know what I mean. Good luck with your divorce. I hope you find a replacement very quickly. :D

Back