• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Im leaving

I knew you’d know it.
IMG_2864.gif

Ok so who else is still here ???
IMG_2865.gif

I am back (King of the shelf whores) who had managed to go cold Turkey but has fallen off the wagon again , did you miss me - nah , who cares , you boys what are you like !!!!! I am reanimating this painful thread for a reason in conjunction with the swap thread for the Split lenses , not because I like forum friction but because I am looking for a Strip Lens , CC or OEM and these threads were all I could find. Having read both properly the evidence points to CC for the discussed Strips because 1 the base tint colour , 2 the missing nose tabs (compared to provided picture of an OEM) , 3 the irregular cuts (slightly different ends) and the roughness of the cut. Points that were never countered in any way by the original seller or current owner. Agreed as O ta says every so often you get something that you have never seen before like a pair of yellow frame Mumbos with a blue irid sweep lens and the box to go with them. So the question is who was it that created these CC Strips , could they have been a rough prototype , the original fashioned quickly under the gaze of JJ or are they just a first attempt to CC by someone. When you want an artwork authenticated you go to the leading authority on the artist with all your evidence including provenance . In this case I dont think we are seeing that - where did they originally come from , where did they get them from, what were they described as when they changed hands etc. So we have on the face of it a CC , but what are they worth as a stand in for OEM , any views , keep answers on point , this is already 13 pages.

I am back (King of the shelf whores) who had managed to go cold Turkey but has fallen off the wagon again , did you miss me - nah , who cares , you boys what are you like !!!!! I am reanimating this painful thread for a reason in conjunction with the swap thread for the Split lenses , not because I like forum friction but because I am looking for a Strip Lens , CC or OEM and these threads were all I could find. Having read both properly the evidence points to CC for the discussed Strips because 1 the base tint colour , 2 the missing nose tabs (compared to provided picture of an OEM) , 3 the irregular cuts (slightly different ends) and the roughness of the cut. Points that were never countered in any way by the original seller or current owner. Agreed as O ta says every so often you get something that you have never seen before like a pair of yellow frame Mumbos with a blue irid sweep lens and the box to go with them. So the question is who was it that created these CC Strips , could they have been a rough prototype , the original fashioned quickly under the gaze of JJ or are they just a first attempt to CC by someone. When you want an artwork authenticated you go to the leading authority on the artist with all your evidence including provenance . In this case I dont think we are seeing that - where did they originally come from , where did they get them from, what were they described as when they changed hands etc. So we have on the face of it a CC , but what are they worth as a stand in for OEM , any views , keep answers on point , this is already 13 pages.
Are these some side effects from some kind of medication?

Back