• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Probably Going To Get Either Holbrooks or Jupiters, so...

D-Rat

Oakley Beginner
I was wondering if anyone had any cool colour combinations in mind;

I'm not going to be getting a rare frame of either one, so just keep that in mind while posting :p
I love the SW Black / Gold Holbrooks, but I was kind of looking to stay a little more subtle.
Perhaps something with a chrome iridium lens.

Thoughts?

What about the MOTO gp holbrooks? Polished black with emerald.. or is emerald not subtile enough?

Hmm.. I like the Moto GP Holbrooks, but I'm unsure about the emerald iridium lens;
I have the ice iridium lens in my antix and they can look a little like the black iridium in certain lighting or from a distance.
Is the emerald iridium very 'reflective? Or can you see through it from the outside of the lens fairly easily?
Does it look green from afar?

(a lot of questions, I know :/ )

Hmm.. I like the Moto GP Holbrooks, but I'm unsure about the emerald iridium lens;
I have the ice iridium lens in my antix and they can look a little like the black iridium in certain lighting or from a distance.
Is the emerald iridium very 'reflective? Or can you see through it from the outside of the lens fairly easily?
Does it look green from afar?

(a lot of questions, I know :/ )

Emerald is a beautiful lens to look thru not got an ice one to be able to compare it to, sorry. I would say my favorite lens colours along with fire. It is quite a dark looking colour but there is no mistaking it is green. Its like every dark coloured lens from far enough away they all look the same. I'd go with the emerald lens or like I said get the Max Fear Light Holbrook & swap the lens for a fire.

Emerald looks pretty dark when not reflecting. It's a gray base lens with the emerald iridium. This pic is with flash and shows the dust and everything.
IMG_0743.jpg

When it catches the light, it's a pretty stunning lens. Not super flashy like 24K, Fire, et al. This pic is more representative of how they look most of the time.
IMG_0744.jpg

I didn't dig the polished frame that much and traded these off. They are a nice pair that's got a lens you don't see everyday though.

Edit; I do wish the fake bolt/rivet/stud things were black on these. If I kept them I probably would have done a semi-gloss black topcoat to better mute the frame, and just kept the icons and lenses green. A jet or semi-gloss would also pop the lenses and icons a bit better IMO.

Thanks Rustpot!
Do you know if they sell the special edition ones (like the Moto GP) at Sunglass Hut?
No Vaults in my area :/

&

Oakley_Sight , what colour combination are the VR Jupiter Squareds? Can't find them (probably because they haven't been released) !

Back