• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Probably Going To Get Either Holbrooks or Jupiters, so...

Acceptable not super flashy colorways;

Holbrooks;
Shaun White black w/ grey with gold icons/bolts (don't tell anyone they're Shaun White)
Grey smoke w/ black iridium with silver icons/bolts
Matte black w/ warm grey with black icons/bolts
Valentino Rossi polished black w/ warm grey with yellow icons

Frogskins;
Polished black w/ gray with white logo, polarized as well
Matte black w/ black iridium polarized, white logo

Jupiter Squared;
Polished black w/ gray
Polished black with jade and the brown tortoise are iffy, would have to go to the cards.

Jupiter standard are no longer on the website but;
Matte black w/ black iridium Ducati red icons/accents
Matte black w/ bronze Chip Foose (gotta love Chip's subtle coloring on these that stands out while being muted)
Matte black w/ gray with black icons/accents (polarized avail.)
Polished black w/ black iridium with black icons/accents

There's a reason they make so many black/black colorways and they make them for pretty much every frame.

Acceptable not super flashy colorways;

Holbrooks;
Shaun White black w/ grey with gold icons/bolts (don't tell anyone they're Shaun White)
Grey smoke w/ black iridium with silver icons/bolts
Matte black w/ warm grey with black icons/bolts
Valentino Rossi polished black w/ warm grey with yellow icons

Frogskins;
Polished black w/ gray with white logo, polarized as well
Matte black w/ black iridium polarized, white logo

Jupiter Squared;
Polished black w/ gray
Polished black with jade and the brown tortoise are iffy, would have to go to the cards.

Jupiter standard are no longer on the website but;
Matte black w/ black iridium Ducati red icons/accents
Matte black w/ bronze Chip Foose (gotta love Chip's subtle coloring on these that stands out while being muted)
Matte black w/ gray with black icons/accents (polarized avail.)
Polished black w/ black iridium with black icons/accents

There's a reason they make so many black/black colorways and they make them for pretty much every frame.

Wow, thanks so much for all that!
When you say the tortoise & Jade Jupiter Squareds are iffy, do you mean that they might be a little flashy?

Yeah. Tortoise is an old school color that's been used for a long time, and has a very vintage feel to it. But if you do that in a Jupiter Squared frame that's definitely got a lot more modern vibe to it you could end up looking a little hokey. It would be fine in a Frogskin I would say, but or slightly more so.

Jade is a more flashy lens then Emerald in my opinion. It's bright and color shifts like Fire does, just with the opposite side of the color spectrum. But being cool colors it's not as stand out in a crowd like a bright Fire, or Ruby would be.

That's certainly not a be-all-end-all list, and people pull off Artist, Signature, and crazy colorways all the time without looking super loud. But if you're looking for something low key I would say those are your safer bets, with the Crystal and Chip Foose frames in that list being a little more toward the flashy side then others.

And note, if you tell anyone you're wearing a Shaun White signature frame, or that Shaun White helped design the frame, or anyone mentions Shaun White in your presence while wearing the frame, you must either burn them or sell them. You lose all under-the-radar cred if he comes up and your friends will remember you're wearing Shaun White's glasses.

Yeah. Tortoise is an old school color that's been used for a long time, and has a very vintage feel to it. But if you do that in a Jupiter Squared frame that's definitely got a lot more modern vibe to it you could end up looking a little hokey. It would be fine in a Frogskin I would say, but or slightly more so.

Jade is a more flashy lens then Emerald in my opinion. It's bright and color shifts like Fire does, just with the opposite side of the color spectrum. But being cool colors it's not as stand out in a crowd like a bright Fire, or Ruby would be.

That's certainly not a be-all-end-all list, and people pull off Artist, Signature, and crazy colorways all the time without looking super loud. But if you're looking for something low key I would say those are your safer bets, with the Crystal and Chip Foose frames in that list being a little more toward the flashy side then others.

And note, if you tell anyone you're wearing a Shaun White signature frame, or that Shaun White helped design the frame, or anyone mentions Shaun White in your presence while wearing the frame, you must either burn them or sell them. You lose all under-the-radar cred if he comes up and your friends will remember you're wearing Shaun White's glasses.

Hmmmm.. I'll check out both the Moto GP Holbrook & The Jade Jupiter Squared.
I'll probably get whichever looks best (duh), but if I think the Jade is a little too loud, I'll probably go with black iridium or Chrome (in store customization?)

Thanks for all your help!!

Back